Crusaders 19 Bradford 0

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Crusaders 19 Bradford 0

Post by GeoffN »

Good performance by Nobby's lads. Sammut looks like an excellent buy for them.

Bradford looked poor, though.
Kittwazzer

Re: Crusaders 19 Bradford 0

Post by Kittwazzer »

GeoffN wrote:Good performance by Nobby's lads. Sammut looks like an excellent buy for them.

Bradford looked poor, though.
Nah. All down to Nobby's coaching. Always said he were a good un! :wink:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Maybe Macnamara can pick up a few tips from his former boss. He needs to do something to improve his coaching ability if we are to have any chance at all of even giving the Aussies and Kiwis a game in Autumn,

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sutty wrote:Maybe Macnamara can pick up a few tips from his former boss. He needs to do something to improve his coaching ability if we are to have any chance at all of even giving the Aussies and Kiwis a game in Autumn,
Sutty. Can you PM me with your name and address. When I read that I spat Carling all over my laptop and I intend to sue! :D
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Did I hear right when they said there were THREE players from the uk in Crusaders team? Disgrace if they're allowed to get away with it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well Sammut clearly had no input from Noble. Maybe they should keep doing that keep Noble away from the players. As GP says the Crusaders are a disgrace. They may as well not exist. The fact that average NRL players can come here for a free meal ticket and look good is embarassing to SL. No wonder Gus Gould rubbished our competition. No player development whatsoever.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

sucking lemons again c p the crusaders got full page in the mirror the Sun yesterday and again today all good for rugby league,and its Gareth "s photo a player you said would never make it in our game he seams to improve every week i suppose thats an accident and no body is coaching him just luck ?The scorpians are going to be the feeder team and some good welsh lads coming through but not quite good enough yet but i am sure this time next year it will be 50/50 Welsh and imports .But to get people through the turnstyles Crusaders need to win at least 50% of their games totaly new game in this area well established teams like us should support new teams. If you are a true rugby league man and not so blinkered just supporting one team you would see this.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

mave the rave wrote:sucking lemons again c p the crusaders got full page in the mirror the Sun yesterday and again today all good for rugby league,and its Gareth "s photo a player you said would never make it in our game he seams to improve every week i suppose thats an accident and no body is coaching him just luck ?The scorpians are going to be the feeder team and some good welsh lads coming through but not quite good enough yet but i am sure this time next year it will be 50/50 Welsh and imports .But to get people through the turnstyles Crusaders need to win at least 50% of their games totaly new game in this area well established teams like us should support new teams. If you are a true rugby league man and not so blinkered just supporting one team you would see this.
Crusaders played well yesterday Mave, but the fact they are in SL is a discgrace. As soon as they moved from S. Wales they should have been kicked out and their place given to another team.
No developmet, no expansion with this team 30 miles from Widnes.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mave the rave wrote:sucking lemons again c p the crusaders got full page in the mirror the Sun yesterday and again today all good for rugby league,and its Gareth "s photo a player you said would never make it in our game he seams to improve every week i suppose thats an accident and no body is coaching him just luck ?The scorpians are going to be the feeder team and some good welsh lads coming through but not quite good enough yet but i am sure this time next year it will be 50/50 Welsh and imports .But to get people through the turnstyles Crusaders need to win at least 50% of their games totaly new game in this area well established teams like us should support new teams. If you are a true rugby league man and not so blinkered just supporting one team you would see this.
LoL Do tell me where I said he would never make it? If Iestyn Harris had not took him to one side and coached him he would have ended up in a wheelchair. I stand by that.

I will also say the following and lets see if you have any guts to talk the talk. Crusaders will not make the 8. They will finish in the bottom 4 along with Catalan/Salford and probably Castleford. If Quins steer clear of injuries they will sneak into the 8. Any fool can bitch and snip Mave. Be bold, show some guts.

1) I do not agree with differential overseas quotas. The quota is a joke to start with but even you can surely see the hypocrisy of the RFL saying we have a salary cap so teams can play on a level playing field YET THEN have a totally uneven quota system. Why should clubs like Salford be shafted by double standards or are you in favour of double standards when it suits Mave.

You put that tag 50% Welsh /50% Imports in 2011 on your profile Mave and we can all smile and LOAO

Scorpions are a separate entity from the Crusaders but because the Crusaders are not interested in player development they are the only chance those discarded young Welsh men get to play RL. Ellioptt Kear was/is good enough Mave, played internationally too IIRC. Same coach who was not keen on development at Wigan or Bradford I believe. Incidentally as I know you are a devoted fan of his; the two coaches that do 90% of the coaching are Harris and Sharpe. Make you wonder what Noble does?

Crusaders damage our reputation as a sport across Australia and NZ by buying cast offs / rejects. We will see what development actually takes place. Crusaders remind me of Fulham. You remember them. They followed your mantra for development and hey presto it went belly up. Why should Castleford / Salford be written off. Salford is a big city that needs RL development. We have plenty so called traditional areas that need developing. Wrexham has never been a sporting mecca and it never will be. If we had done things properly South Wales was the place to go not on the doorstep of Widnes. Remember them Mave?
Crusaders need to win at least 50% of their games totaly new game in this area well established teams like us should support new teams.
Mave I say Crusaders will notb wion 50% of their game. Surely you do not think they will? If not you defeat your own argument.

Less whining and bitching Mave. Bold statements. Be brave.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

Why as you say no one will back salford i can not understand but how long have they been playing it must be bad marketing they have given us a few scares over the years.You mention Quins might get into the top eight how did they start of full of australians and they do not get any following now they have brought young players through the game just does not get bums on seats down there.Should Crusaders have been disbanded how would that help SL we are supposed to promote our game if its 5k from south wales or 5k from north wales that is still 5k more people watching rugby league. I can not see Crusaders making the top eight this year but miracles can hapen in our game but as i am welsh i feel i have to stand up for them as you are always so down on them .I can also remember wigan taking a lot of has been"s from Australia as well C P so don"t act so innocent in that department.Widnes also find getting people through the turnstyles difficult but nice stadium just give Wrexham a chance.