the little drummer boy and his mates

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan pie man

Re: the little drummer boy and his mates

Post by wigan pie man »

ince warrior wrote:Not posted on here for a while, but I've just been reading through and I'll admit it is probably the group you were on about, I'll also admit that I go to games with them, to be fair I've probably caused trouble sometimes although I would say that the group in general is calming down compared to the last couple of years. While I admit it's not perfect, I don't think anyone wants to wind up any of our fans, I'll apologise to anyone who has been hit with beer or anything else, I personally haven't thrown any of these or seen any of my mates throw these but I can understand how you must feel as we've had a similar thing at a game last year. The incident with the Cas fans was probably a bit of banter gone too far (admittedly by me mainly), as I've said our behaviour generally has been better. A couple of the incidents this season were by others and not by us as someone has said earlier. I suppose the only thing we can really do is to just start behaving ourselves rather than just having a go at people. However, in terms of the barmy army chant and the atmosphere, that's something that people enjoy singing and there are a lot of new songs that we could sing but they don't seem to catch on if they're a bit long.
nice to see your trying to tone down the idiocy.
older you get, and you start to realise its annoying to otther fans and stop doing it.
fair play to you Ince warrior.

but kep on with the barmy army chants...and if anyone dont like em they can always cover their ears.
and im betting that 99% of those moaning about barmy army sit all match in silence........now if we all sat in silence???/ be a cracking atmosphere..NOT.
so kep chanting fela a b@l@x to the whingers
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:) As per usual you add 2 + 2 and get 5 Pieman. I have seen plenty of your posts on RLfans. If you think 16-25 year olds throwing beer (drink) / food down from the top of the South Stand to hit young children / the elderly / women / anybody is OK then you have issues. That is what people are talking about and fighting at away games.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Never ben known to sit in Silence, but the barmy army chant is a mindless chant, from of all games Cricket. It means nothing, doesnt demonstrate your support of any particular team and is desperately annoying after about ten seconds.
"Mike Maguires Barmy Army" is less inane, because of the clapping between the shouting but ANY chant repeated ad infinitum is dull IMO. Liven them up, use different chants throughout the game.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
pedro

Post by pedro »

wigan pie man wrote:
pedro wrote:
Bear wrote:I havent been on here for a while. but basically i think the adults are acting like the children. Your just acting pompus and think your special.
None of you can take a joke or have a laugh what so ever.
And now u talk about banning us. Makes me sick. no wonder you dont get my money any more.

Ill admit our lot are the main cause, but do you not think laughing along may make them behave differently.
If you act like this and think its ok to act like this then the club are better off without you. When you grow up and stop acting like a spoilt little boy maybe you will be welcome again.

Its not pompus its called acting responsible and civilised, and the people in the south stand dont think they are special but think they have a right to be able to watch a rugby match without being swore at, beer thrown at or intimidated, which I agree with
Pedro? havere you any idea what your talking about?
have you met Bear?............thought not..........so dont pre judge him until you know him.
There are a lot of adult fans who will vouch for Bear as being the kind of lad who will give the idiots a slap, and stop em behaving like pr!cks.
Maybe he stopped going because he got fed up of his "mates" causing bother??
i know he doesnt go much these days as the Lads working doors at weekends.....hardly summat a spoilt child would do is is?
and thats after working 12 hour shifts as a security guard all week.
advice for you lot who are calling Bear...go find him, chat to him , and you will find out hes a wel brought up, well mannered 18 yr old.
and chances are most have you have passed him doing his day job and hadnt a clue who he was ???

And if anyone else fancies having a pop at him..message me on here or Rlfans and ill put you straight..
Yeah, I know what im talking about theres a 9 page thread on it. I didnt pre-judge him, I posted a reply to him as he said the trouble making should be laughed at and admitted it was down to him and his mates. hence the words "us" and "our lot". He also called people who have been subjected to the abuse "pompus" as if they dont have a right to respond in a negative manor.

So before you get on your high horse read the rest of the post and what Bear and the rest have to say before coming to a conclusion.
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

cpwigan wrote: :) As per usual you add 2 + 2 and get 5 Pieman. I have seen plenty of your posts on RLfans. If you think 16-25 year olds throwing beer (drink) / food down from the top of the South Stand to hit young children / the elderly / women / anybody is OK then you have issues. That is what people are talking about and fighting at away games.
i dont think its acceptable , and where have i said that?

and if youve read my posts on rlfans you would know im always banging on about the hooliganism creeping in
you would also know that ive been taking my 13 yr old daughter since she was 5, and i dont want her in a position where she might get hurt..so i go in the east out the way.
and no i dont think its acceptable to hit woman/children with anything...and f anyone hit mine i would be first to get them, unless the stewards got them first.
maybe if the people being hit with things went to confront the morons who chucked em we might get rid of em , instead of turning a blind eye to it??
i call anyone who has been hit by any object and not gone looking who threw it a coward.
if folk will stand up and be counted , instead of moaning about it on forums we might get ridd of em ????
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Never ben known to sit in Silence, but the barmy army chant is a mindless chant, from of all games Cricket. It means nothing, doesnt demonstrate your support of any particular team and is desperately annoying after about ten seconds.
"Mike Maguires Barmy Army" is less inane, because of the clapping between the shouting but ANY chant repeated ad infinitum is dull IMO. Liven them up, use different chants throughout the game.
it creates an atmosphere imo
better than the mindless "gerrum onside" shouts we get from certain fans , who seem to only know that phrase
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

pedro wrote:
wigan pie man wrote:
pedro wrote: If you act like this and think its ok to act like this then the club are better off without you. When you grow up and stop acting like a spoilt little boy maybe you will be welcome again.

Its not pompus its called acting responsible and civilised, and the people in the south stand dont think they are special but think they have a right to be able to watch a rugby match without being swore at, beer thrown at or intimidated, which I agree with
Pedro? havere you any idea what your talking about?
have you met Bear?............thought not..........so dont pre judge him until you know him.
There are a lot of adult fans who will vouch for Bear as being the kind of lad who will give the idiots a slap, and stop em behaving like pr!cks.
i know he doesnt go much these days as the Lads working doors at weekends.....hardly summat a spoilt child would do is is?
advice for you lot who are calling Bear...go find him, chat to him , and you will find out hes a wel brought up, well mannered 18 yr old.
and chances are most have you have passed him doing his day job and hadnt a clue who he was ???

And if anyone else fancies having a pop at him..message me on here or Rlfans and ill put you straight..
Yeah, I know what im talking about theres a 9 page thread on it. I didnt pre-judge him, I posted a reply to him as he said the trouble making should be laughed at and admitted it was down to him and his mates. hence the words "us" and "our lot". He also called people who have been subjected to the abuse "pompus" as if they dont have a right to respond in a negative manor.

So before you get on your high horse read the rest of the post and what Bear and the rest have to say before coming to a conclusion.
im not on my high horse mate...you are.
dont take the moral high ground now after callling someone you dont know a "spoilt child"
i wasnt on about the rights and wrongs,,ive done that elsewhere..i was on about you geting your facts right.
pedro

Post by pedro »

wigan pie man wrote:
pedro wrote:
wigan pie man wrote: Pedro? havere you any idea what your talking about?

im not on my high horse mate...you are.
dont take the moral high ground now after callling someone you dont know a "spoilt child"
i wasnt on about the rights and wrongs,,ive done that elsewhere..i was on about you geting your facts right.
Didnt say he was one said he was acting like one. To call people pompus when they are unhappy at being threatened, swore at and pelted with missiles and then say he wont go and watch the games anymore as people object to this is acting like a spoilt child. Its the "its my ball and im taking it home" attiude.

To call people cowards is madness. If a man takes his little girl to the match and then is abused and pelted with missiles from approx 15 youth who are drunk. To go over and confront them is crazy as it will end the wrong way. As you say you would think the stewards would sort it but read the rest of the posts and you will find numerous accounts of them not doing anything.

My facts are right as the events as I posted initially have happened.
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

Im sure a 10 minuite chat with a few of my mates would really convince you lot that we are not the trouble. Maybe you should come to us at halftime on sunday? come and join us have a chat we will be the ones with the drum I will be wearing my Ginger Wigan 18 home replica shirt. Dont be shy and dont think just because some of us are teenagers like myself that you cannot have a ''grown up'' chat with us Im 17 and know allot if not more than many fans about our great history that our club has gone through.

I urge fans on here to come to us on Sunday to prove to you that us lads are decent.
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

fair play to you ginger wiganer for standing up and taking the flak, this is getting a bit out of hand now and going on a bit. The lads on here are agreeing that throwing things are out of order and will have a word with anyone they see doing it, so lets just leave it at that and see how it goes from here, we all want the singing and chants to continue lets just make sure they are related to the game and club hopefully then all will be happy or happier.