Widnes - NOT IMPRESSED

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wolftown warrior

Re: Widnes - NOT IMPRESSED

Post by wolftown warrior »

the less said about this performance the better.. ugly.. very ugly..
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

the less said about this performance the better.. ugly.. very ugly..
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ian.birchall posted:
...and I WILL NOT watch the Superleague show this morning. :(
No-one will, they messed about with the time again and it's on at 12:30 pm
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Oh well, should've listened to you guys. Yeah, I watched it this morning, and yeah I wish I hadn't!
Paul Cullen talked sense (for once) though with his reffing analysis.
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Some awful refereeing decisions. Just for you MrsLam. Living in Cardiff I have to rely on sky most of the time to watch Rugby League. Please spare a little thought for me having to put up with Stevo's hatred for Wigan week in week out. Agree totally with what you said about him but its like this all the time. Has anybody else noticed. He is an absolute turnip.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

well i didnt watch it and to be honest glad i never, not a good sign if we intend to win or for that matter get to the grand final, lets hope its the kick up the arse we need to go on to beat leeds next week
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

the best thing wigan can do now is put out the A team for the rest of the remaining games.i dont want to get to the final with the squad we have at the moment.every game now im wondering at kick off which team is going to play? the one with desire and enthusiasm or the bunch of lasy overpaid set of players we all watched at widnes! the ref wasn't great but widnes had the same guy!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I'm concerned with the interchanges. As a rule we play well the first half and die in the second, this has probably something to do with tired legs and Betts doesn't like to make changes unless he is forced to.

When he does he makes changes that aren't like for like, for example he brough Lam on for Mark Smith against Widnes if I'm not mistaken, who played at hooker? Beswick? This means several players have to switch positions, often more than once, throughout the game, this isn't a good thing when you've got set moves to play. It doesn't give the players chance to settle into their positions.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wish we'd played in the first half on Sat. I reckon the team coach only arrived about 7.00. (Thats the vehicle, not Denis, I mean)