Very Slow site

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Very Slow site

Post by ian.birchall »

this Sunday morning but I am improving my Freecell skills whilst it is uploading. :wink: 16 wins on the trot now. We know MrsLam makes some more barbecue ribs whilst she is waiting but what does everyone else do?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Re: Very Slow site

Post by GeoffN »

Get broadband! :wink:
Seriously though, I agree this is a slow site...wonder if that's what Mike was trying to fix last week when the site was down - he mentioned something about upgrading the server?

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Click once on 'Post Message' and learn to be patient! :wink:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

GeoffN, I am already on Broadband and patience is not a virtue I possess robjoenz
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ian.birchall posted:
GeoffN, I am already on Broadband and patience is not a virtue I possess robjoenz
Broadband isn't the answer, it's still quite slow on a 10mbps LAN connection that's literally across the road from the server (assuming the machine is somewhere near Mike's office!). Maybe we're all posting too often and the message board is now full?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The broadband comment was meant to be "tongue in cheek", hence the :wink:

Mike needs to feed his gerbils more often!
(old blueyonder in-joke, from the days of dial-up)

Doesn't seem to make a difference how many are logged on; Mike, what's your upload rate supposed to be?
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

ive not writen so manny things on this site for that very reason. if i try to repy or start a thread it takes so long. it took 1min 30secs to post this reply!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi

I think the site has reached the limit of its usabilty where it is now. The number of users that post canàt get more without substantial slow downs in response time.

I was trying to make the site faster recently, but the problem isnt the network connection - its processor in my machine. I will try to make the code run faster.

The site runs on my desktop computer at work, so when I am doing experiments it will run slowly as I need the processor time. I may move the site to a commercial server, but I've tryed this and it seems to run even slower!

I will continue to work on this.
Mike :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike,
Many thanks for your (unpaid) efforts.

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

thank you very much it is really appreciated.its a great site and it is obviuosly catching on quickly by all the wigan fans. its only when you say you run the site from your own computer it gets put into perspective.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart