Can we have our game back please?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mickh

Can we have our game back please?

Post by mickh »

Just read some comments on the site, and, having watched half of the Bradford V Warrington match, I was just wondering,
1) Why does a forward pass possibility not go to the "Video Referee"? With the game now being played at such a fast pace, the referee's cannot keep up to the line. (What is the point of touch judges?)
2)The next round, ie. the semi-finals. The draw is on Wednesday afternoon at 1-30 or thereabouts, what has happened to the 6-30 Monday on Look North? Have we no say in the prostitution of our game by the television paymasters?
3)Are the referee's controllers independant of "Red Hall" or do they "kow tow" to the leanings of the top dogs to make the game blander or false, as seems to be the direction now?
Just some observations, as I am becoming to be disolusioned with the game I was brought up with?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Can we have our game back please?

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Why if every other round draw is made after the BBC Sunday game can't the same happen this round
2002 and EW is hooked
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Having watched two shocking performances of referees that have essentially decided the two of the teams for the semis - it seems that we should seriously review how the game is refereed. Poor decisions should not decide a game of RL.

A good start would be to get rid of cummmings who was frankly the worst referee of his generation by quite some margin. Then to have a long review of the rules - as some are not enforced either consistently or at all. Finally to put in place some sort of accountability of the officials; because if any of us performed that badly in our jobs we would be fired.

RL will never appeal to a wider audience as long as games are decided by the collection smug, self satisfied, arrogant incompetents that we currently have.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
pedro

Post by pedro »

Its strange, you can go to the VR for offside and knock ons but not forward passes
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Rules do disappear. What happened to the off the side in the tackle, Now itr is common place to climb off the front with hand still in. Three years ago the fault was the main penalty at the tackle :conf: