England Squad

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

England Squad

Post by cpwigan »

C Bridge (Warrington), T Briscoe (Hull), S Burgess (South Sydney), K Eastmond (St Helens), G Ellis (Wests Tigers), J Graham (St Helens), R Hall (Leeds), S O'Loughlin (Wigan), D McGuire (Leeds), A Morley (Warrington), J Peacock (Leeds), J Roby (St Helens), N Scruton (Bradford), M Shenton (Castleford), K Sinfield (Leeds), J Tomkins (Wigan), S Tomkins (Wigan), B Westwood (Warrington), G Widdop (Melbourne).

GeoffN

Re: England Squad

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote: C Bridge (Warrington), T Briscoe (Hull), S Burgess (South Sydney), K Eastmond (St Helens), G Ellis (Wests Tigers), J Graham (St Helens), R Hall (Leeds), S O'Loughlin (Wigan), D McGuire (Leeds), A Morley (Warrington), J Peacock (Leeds), J Roby (St Helens), N Scruton (Bradford), M Shenton (Castleford), K Sinfield (Leeds), J Tomkins (Wigan), S Tomkins (Wigan), B Westwood (Warrington), G Widdop (Melbourne).
No real surprises.

I have to admit, I don't see the point in putting out such a strong side against France, when we could be looking at some of the fringe players with a view to 2013.

I wonder if our 3 will back up against Wakefield as the Aussie players do after rep games.
Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

Bad news IMO.

Don’t see the point in risking injury to 3 critical players just to take on France in a game where the result is already a foregone conclusion.

In the event of an injury…

Will Wigan be as strong a team without them?
Can Wigan de-register these players and pay for replacements without going over the salary cap?
Will Wigan receive compensation from the RFL?

There may be a certain amount of pride when a player from Wigan is selected as the best in the country, but the risk is far too high. They should be “unavailable” and withdrawn from the squad – “thanks, but no thanks”. Wigan gets no favours from Red Hall, so why should the club risk their most valuable assets?

With Mossop, Hansen and Deacon already sidelined, I dread to think what the team to face Saints and Warrington and Leeds would look like if we lose any of these players.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote: C Bridge (Warrington), T Briscoe (Hull), S Burgess (South Sydney), K Eastmond (St Helens), G Ellis (Wests Tigers), J Graham (St Helens), R Hall (Leeds), S O'Loughlin (Wigan), D McGuire (Leeds), A Morley (Warrington), J Peacock (Leeds), J Roby (St Helens), N Scruton (Bradford), M Shenton (Castleford), K Sinfield (Leeds), J Tomkins (Wigan), S Tomkins (Wigan), B Westwood (Warrington), G Widdop (Melbourne).
There is no way he will be punished by the RFL for his double high shot on Sam, he's the England captain and above the law
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Always been the way Josie.

Widdop is interesting. He is a very promising young player but it is a big call IMO. I do think Leon Pryce at FB was worth trying.

Scruton is an odd choice IMO.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Kyle Eastmond is out of the International with ankle ligament injury which apparently takes 1 month to heal, what's the betting he will make a miraculous recovery in time to face Wigan in a fortnight's time :sly:
mickh

Post by mickh »

Just had a look on Saint's Red Vee website, someone on there spoke to a physio at the club, says he is not as bad as first thought, walking around without a limp or strapping
Yes, will be back for the Wigan game while our lads slog it out against the dirty French. Cotton wool treatment springs to mind.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Just reading on BBC that both McGuire and Sinfield picked up knee injuries on the weekend, meaning Kev Brown and Shaun Lunt may be called up instead.

Is it just me thats suspicious of these Leeds 'injuries'?
(seeing as their game against Harlequins is a direct clash with the England game?)

Interesting that Maguire has said all 3 of our players will be considered for the Wakefield game as well as the England!!

:D
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... gland.html

McGuire out, Sinfield plays.

Could be Brown & Tomkins in the halves, that will be interesting.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I really do believe Leeds are pulling a flanker (allegedly)