What if?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
NathanCroucher

What if?

Post by NathanCroucher »

1.The Championship and Championship 1 became professional?

2. There were bigger name sponsors in Super League and the lower leagues?

3.Even more English players were in NRL?

4.The RFL had better marketing?

What effects do you think these would have?
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
MrDave

Re: What if?

Post by MrDave »

If Carlsberg did rugby league :lol:
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i was thinking today on how rugby league could be improved and thought how about assign a national stadium. soccer have wembley stadium and cricket have lords (i think) and union have the twicks so how about we have one, maybe with old trafford being the grand final the City of Manchester Stadium could host a England Vs Super League Forgien XIII.

A League Express reader wrote in this weeks paper saying how bad it was of the rfl to have an international match in a town with no train station.

an idea to maybe improve the sport would be to have a 30 game season and have that decide the league and relegation, have a big start and big final day and have the Challenge Cup in the middle.

another one would be as mentioned get bigger sponsers but one i think needs to be done soon is to stop letting BBC/SKY walk all over us. is there a week were one of the shows doesnt get moved.

what i think the rfl need to do is a big bold move that gets the nations attention and gets people talking. now what could that be?
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

NathanCroucher wrote: 1.The Championship and Championship 1 became professional?

2. There were bigger name sponsors in Super League and the lower leagues?

3.Even more English players were in NRL?

4.The RFL had better marketing?

What effects do you think these would have?

1. big improvement in match standard and have more international options and more home grown options for super league clubs

2.more media attention

3. an improvement in international players

4. we might get some decent air time
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Get rid of the play off's so players play fewer games, one home one away, most points is the winner.
LOSE THE STUPID MAGIC WEEKEEND!!
An odd number of teams to allow a bye week occasionally, (I know, we'd get our two byes the first two weeks of the season)
Stop playing internationals against France/Wales to supposedly warm up for playing Southern Hemisphere sides.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cook123

Post by cook123 »

Get rid of the play off's so players play fewer games, one home one away, most points is the winner.
LOSE THE STUPID MAGIC WEEKEEND!!
An odd number of teams to allow a bye week occasionally, (I know, we'd get our two byes the first two weeks of the season)
Stop playing internationals against France/Wales to supposedly warm up for playing Southern Hemisphere sides.

The thing with that is tho is if we get rid of the play offs a lot of team would struggle to win the league realistically other than the obv choices. with the play offs it sort of becomes a new comp once u get into the eight and any team can win it which is more relevant in oz than here altho its prob not right for a team to finsih 8 to be champs it still adds that tension which is what we want rather than first past the post.

you're right about the int tho cos playing france and wales is no good but we're not gonna be able to compete againts the aussies not for a very long time yet anyway.