Great news Sam Joel and Lockers but is it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stegy

Great news Sam Joel and Lockers but is it

Post by stegy »

We are missing Andy Coley this weekend but due to an international we will miss three top players in Sam Joel and Lockers for the game against Wakefield this is not good when we want to stuff it up that bold prick Kear what does everyone else think of this, fixture should be changed to another date as per kissball./
jackoh

Re: Great news Sam Joel and Lockers but is it

Post by jackoh »

I can`t believe we`re playing it as we`re out of the cup .
OJ

Post by OJ »

stegy wrote:We are missing Andy Coley this weekend but due to an international we will miss three top players in Sam Joel and Lockers for the game against Wakefield this is not good when we want to stuff it up that bold prick Kear what does everyone else think of this, fixture should be changed to another date as per kissball./
It is to make the game more interesting for the folically challenged one - we can't have the poor chap being bored again can we? :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

GBH

Post by GBH »

We shouldn't be letting top players go.....
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If i were Wigan I would invoke the international rule and postpone the fixture .No malice intended against Wakefield just the bias that Joh Keir did against us last week after all its CLASSED AS THEIR BIG ONE and would really piss on their chips .
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

don't forget many other clubs will lose a similar number of players... i'm not bothered bout it tbh... last year we were missing some for the trip to bridgend - we lost - but we were dire that day.

I'd like an international on thursday night and the round of SL to be played on the sunday... SKY could have a 2pm and 4pm game. The aussies don't moan they had Origin and then many players played domestically at the weekend... apart from the storm players
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Having players called up for international duty is something that comes with being a top club. Wigan should just get on with playing rugby and give some of the younger players a chance to play.

The situation is no different from having the Tomkins brothers and O'Loughlin injured and Wigan couldn't asked games to be postponed just because we are missing their best players.

When Maguire was an assistant in the NRL he was often head coach of Melbourne during the origin weeks so know what it is like to work with a team missing a few key players.

It will be all the more embarrassing to Kear if Wakefield are beaten by a weak Wigan team.
jobo

Post by jobo »

ancientnloyal wrote:don't forget many other clubs will lose a similar number of players... i'm not bothered bout it tbh... last year we were missing some for the trip to bridgend - we lost - but we were dire that day.

I'd like an international on thursday night and the round of SL to be played on the sunday... SKY could have a 2pm and 4pm game. The aussies don't moan they had Origin and then many players played domestically at the weekend... apart from the storm players
The Origin series is one of the big highlights of the season for most rugby fans. Being selected to play is considered to be a special honour for the players and the clubs they come from. Getting injured or having to play again a couple of days later is worth it.

England or GB playing what is essentially the Catalan Dragons doesn't even come close to being a highlight. It just presents a further opportunity for key players to risk get injured for something that is basically worthless, except for maybe team bonding.

What might be worth trying is a probables v possibles. At least this would give the GB/England side a proper workout and at the same time provide some interest. If players then got injured, at least it would be because they were trying to achieve something.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Dave there is a difference here , the origin games in Oz are midweek not the day before a game .

This gives the players a two or three day break prior to their next match , the fact that our international is the day before makes our players unavailable to play .

This game or the 2 points at stake could be invaluable come too the end of the season A postponement would also allow our injured players an extra week to recover .

In my opinion a very poor decision by the club .
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jackoh wrote:Dave there is a difference here , the origin games in Oz are midweek not the day before a game .

This gives the players a two or three day break prior to their next match , the fact that our international is the day before makes our players unavailable to play .

This game or the 2 points at stake could be invaluable come too the end of the season A postponement would also allow our injured players an extra week to recover .

In my opinion a very poor decision by the club .
The majority of players backed up the day after the ANZAC test.