Widnes v Barrow

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
MrDave

Widnes v Barrow

Post by MrDave »

Ben Davies is playing well, some good runs and an excellent break to setup a try good footwork form the big lad for the break.

This game is a bit like a Wigan reunion game with ex(/current)-Wigan players Ben Davies, David Allen, Jordan James, Chris Gerrard, Ben Kavanagh for Widnes and Andy Ballard for Barrow
cpwigan

Re: Widnes v Barrow

Post by cpwigan »

I have high hopes for Ben. Ben and Liam Farrell have been the outstanding young forwards in reserve grade for the last 18 months.

Mind you, Ben Kavanagh serves as a timely reminder. Anybody who saw him in lower grade thought he could go far at Wigan.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Kavanagh did have some off the field problems which perhaps stopped him reaching his full potential.

Hopefully Ben Davies will keep his head down and keep working hard. I think Davies is very similar to Eamon O'Carroll in both size and style of play.

Eamon has been unlucky with injuries but when he has played he has been very good. If Eamon can have a few injury free seasons and Davies comes through well I think these two could be Wigan regular forwards...although I wouldn't have them on the pitch at the same time as like I said they are very similar.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrDave wrote:Ben Davies is playing well, some good runs and an excellent break to setup a try good footwork form the big lad for the break.

This game is a bit like a Wigan reunion game with ex(/current)-Wigan players Ben Davies, David Allen, Jordan James, Chris Gerrard, Ben Kavanagh for Widnes and Andy Ballard for Barrow
Ben had an excellent game, and Dave Allen was MoM for me.