Squad for Sunday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Squad for Sunday

Post by GeoffN »

Cameron Phelps, Martin Gleeson, George Carmont, Pat Richards, Sam Tomkins, Thomas Leuluai, Stuart Fielden, Mark Riddell, Joel Tomkins, Sean O'Loughlin, Paul Prescott, Michael McIlorum, Phil Bailey, Iafeta Paleaaesina, Karl Pryce, Darrell Goulding, Liam Farrell, Ben Davies, Chris Tuson.
GBH

Re: Squad for Sunday

Post by GBH »

Why cant we have Marsh instead of Pryce at least Marsh is committed
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

mickw wrote:having seen pryce in all his first team games(i don`t watch the reserves)my judgement is in laymans terms he could`nt bust the skin off a rice PUDDING,big lad can`t play his weight, love to play against him ,not good enough never will be get rid asap.we won`t regret it.
Thought Pryce was the big black guy on the wing. About 6'6" Must have it wrong cos he was making metres,
Which one you watching?
Jim
GBH

Post by GBH »

Im sorry but hes like a giraffe in a field of lions waiting to get pounced on...
He catches the ball and waits for the other side to come to him, instead of using his size to attack the other side.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:
mickw wrote:having seen pryce in all his first team games(i don`t watch the reserves)my judgement is in laymans terms he could`nt bust the skin off a rice PUDDING,big lad can`t play his weight, love to play against him ,not good enough never will be get rid asap.we won`t regret it.
Thought Pryce was the big black guy on the wing. About 6'6" Must have it wrong cos he was making metres,
Which one you watching?
Jim
He was making metres until he encountered a defender, but none after that.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

He wasn't making many last week at Leeds . He waited for the chase the ball to come to him . practcally standing still when tackled .Pryce at speed should take 3 men out in the tackle leaving more room for Piggy and Mike at the play the ball .He doesn't do that well .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:He wasn't making many last week at Leeds . He waited for the chase the ball to come to him . practcally standing still when tackled .Pryce at speed should take 3 men out in the tackle leaving more room for Piggy and Mike at the play the ball .He doesn't do that well .

Regards , EW
I couldnt agree more. His work rate is very poor and he makes no where near as many metres as he should. When he does take the ball up it then takes him an age to play the ball which allows the defence to get set. He was also all at see on the occasions he was tested in defence and was very lucky that Leeds bombed the chances.

Imo he has been exceedingly lucky to come into the team and get 8 tries handed to him on a plate. This has given him a lot of leeway with fans who are easily impressed by such simple things. These fans then just ignore all the poor parts to his game. It just shows how a slice of luck can make or break a player. Ainscough got given his chance before Pryce, in the game against Harlequins, and although he wasnt great he was no worse in overall play than Pryce has been. He just didnt have the luxury of Carmont inside him setting up tries on a plate.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Phelps played for the reserves today, so he won't play tomorrow.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

GeoffN wrote:Phelps played for the reserves today, so he won't play tomorrow.
Maguire really doesnt seem to rate Phelps and he definately seems to be on his way out. I cant say I am surprised though as I have always thought that he is a fairly poor player.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pieater-alex wrote:
Dobby wrote:
GeoffN wrote:Phelps played for the reserves today, so he won't play tomorrow.
Maguire really doesnt seem to rate Phelps and he definately seems to be on his way out. I cant say I am surprised though as I have always thought that he is a fairly poor player.
Sources on rlfans are saying Phelps definitely is on his way out, along with Phil Bailey, Feka Paleaasina and most surprisingly George Carmont.
I guess a lot depends on whom they have lined up to replace them.