NRL boring

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

NRL boring

Post by highland convert »

I watched Raiders v Broncos last night. Apart from some magic from the likes of Slater etc the game on the whole was slow and boring. Laying on at the tackles is getting worse. Our game is much faster and enjoyable now. I hope we do not follow rheir lead on the play of the ball.
Jim
cpwigan

Re: NRL boring

Post by cpwigan »

highland convert wrote:I watched Raiders v Broncos last night. Apart from some magic from the likes of Slater etc the game on the whole was slow and boring. Laying on at the tackles is getting worse. Our game is much faster and enjoyable now. I hope we do not follow rheir lead on the play of the ball.
Jim
Slater does not play for either the Raiders or the Broncos.

Most recently I watched the Tigers. On their game NO TEAM IN SL is as entertaining as they are. The NRL is far better than SL.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

West Tigers v Warriors Rd 12. One sided but magical RL.
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:
highland convert wrote:I watched Raiders v Broncos last night. Apart from some magic from the likes of Slater etc the game on the whole was slow and boring. Laying on at the tackles is getting worse. Our game is much faster and enjoyable now. I hope we do not follow rheir lead on the play of the ball.
Jim
Slater does not play for either the Raiders or the Broncos.

Most recently I watched the Tigers. On their game NO TEAM IN SL is as entertaining as they are. The NRL is far better than SL.
i watch it every week cp and i watched the raiders v storm and i cant delete it cos it was so good and not one SL team could live with either of them. the speed is unreal and the tackling is brutal,Bentham would have a field day. :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I only watch that show before the championship game on thursday nights, i find it entertaining and of a better, watchable standard than SL. and thats just highlights. Got to say I enjoyed watching Sam Burgess' hit
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Sorry I did mean Storm. Watched another last night and the play of ball is slow. They are playing to set lines every time. Played to our rules we could take them.
Jim
ian b

Post by ian b »

highland convert wrote:Sorry I did mean Storm. Watched another last night and the play of ball is slow. They are playing to set lines every time. Played to our rules we could take them.
Jim
they do play by our rules and they have 2 refs.The weather is shocking out there so you probably saw one of the games where you cant play expansive rugby.Even in those conditions the handling is better than SL.There is no way the top side in SL would win any trophies over there :(
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I think the NRL is fantastic and many Super League games just look 2nd rate in comparison.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Eels v Storm Rd13 This weekend. Game had everything, even a bit of biff.

Whatever the rules the NRL is ahead of SL. Those who remember the world club championship when it was 8 or 10 SL v NRL teams can testify to how embarassing it was.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:Whatever the rules the NRL is ahead of SL. Those who remember the world club championship when it was 8 or 10 SL v NRL teams can testify to how embarassing it was.
That was a real low point in the history of RL in this country and in those few years I really feared for the future of the game. The English teams were generally poor, professional Rugby Union was on the rise and players were going to Rugby Union, the Super League wars had really messed up the game in Australia and the international game was more or less dead.

Thankfully the game has recovered and moved on and I do think that if such a competition was repeated today the English clubs would do much better, saying that they couldnt really do much worse. I think the scorelines would be closer with a few more wins for the top clubs and some of the 40 point defeats being reduced to 20 point ones. The NRL teams though are still a step above in more or less every department and would win the vast majority of games.