Cassidy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Cassidy

Post by warriors »

I have just found out today. That Cassidy will be moving to Widnas with Terry next season!

I cant beleave that him an terry are moving. That will be five players we will lose at the end of the season. What is up with Maurice Lindsay?????? We have no scrum half. Both of the props have gone. o just saying. I think the population of wigan will go down by next year.

P.S. This is just a rumour heard from a friend. He said that he heard something about Radz leaveing. I hope not.
John M

Re: Cassidy

Post by John M »

Ill miss Cassidy.Hes one of my favourite players.People have always been quick to give players like Faz,Lam etc. recognition for their great performances but Cassidy has run his blood to water week in week out for years but has never been given the credit he deserved.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
warriors

Post by warriors »

John M posted:
Ill miss Cassidy.Hes one of my favourite players.People have always been quick to give players like Faz,Lam etc. recognition for their great performances but Cassidy has run his blood to water week in week out for years but has never been given the credit he deserved.
I agree he has always put 110% in. I just dont no why they are getting rid of him.

It tell you on teletext. But it has no reason at all for selling him.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
It tell you on teletext. But it has no reason at all for selling him.
The reason is that we have plenty of youthful second row forwards and Mick is now getting towards the end of his career and with salary cap restrictions and an idiot dishing out wages there was no room for him.
warriors

Post by warriors »

robjoenz posted:
The reason is that we have plenty of youthful second row forwards and Mick is now getting towards the end of his career and with salary cap restrictions and an idiot dishing out wages there was no room for him.
I cant beleave that our not bothered about him moving. He has bin with Wigan for ages. An you are just going to let him go with out saying anything. Only, it dosent matter we have got the younger players.

They wont be no where near as good, for alot of years. I just would like to keep cassidy an the rest, till they are ready to retire. An i think that alot of people would agree with me.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
I cant beleave that our not bothered about him moving. He has bin with Wigan for ages. An you are just going to let him go with out saying anything. Only, it dosent matter we have got the younger players.

They wont be no where near as good, for alot of years. I just would like to keep cassidy an the rest, till they are ready to retire. An i think that alot of people would agree with me.
In an ideal world then yeah I'd have liked him to stay another season but we can't keep everyone because of some of the high wages some players are on. Given the choice of losing any of our younger second rows and Cassidy I would let Cassidy go.

He has been great in the past but now the likes Tickle, Hock and O'Loughlin have over taken him not to mention the likes of Hansen coming through and of course Farrell. He still provides some aggressive forward play and the odd bit of good tackling but more and more he has started to miss tackles by going in round the shoulders (his tackling is brilliant when he goes for the ankles though), he also drops the ball too often. Tickle is another one for handling errors but you can't deny him and Hock first team places ahead of Mick.

If we could have kept any of the players leaving or retiring this season I'd have wanted either Terry O' or Craig Smith and of course Luke.