Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wight Pie

Leeds

Post by Wight Pie »

Anyone got any feelings on how we'll do tonight?

I'm not as confident as I have been going into recent home games, mainly because of Terry N's absence, but I do think the team will be up for it as they know they didn't perform last weekend.

I think we'll win but it'll be too damn close for my liking! :nerv:
robjoenz

Re: Leeds

Post by robjoenz »

It seems everyone is against us winning, League Express predict a 10 point win by Leeds, the bookies give us an 8 point head-start on the handicapped betting.

Personally I think we are capable of winning with the team we have and as you point out we will be eager to better last weeks performance. It's a knock that Orr isn't back to match fitness yet and also about Brown as mentioned on another thread. I really hope that Craig Smith will be back to give us the best forward line we'll have had in a couple of months.

I'd like to see O'Loughlin play at loose forward with Lam and Robinson at 6 and 7 but I can't see Betts being allowed to give Robinson such a chance to prove we've made the wrong decision with him. Having said that O'Loughlin is our top tackler and we need somebody that will close down McGuire and stop him from creating chances.

One concern of mine is Carney's fitness of late, it's touch and go whether he plays, I think he needs more match practice to get to his usual standard and I'm worried about how he'll cope with Bai. Having said that though I'd want Wild and Aspinwall at centre ahead of Connolly because defending McKenna and Senior won't be an easy task either on their current form.

Let's see what happens!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz, cannot understand how the Bookies can get it so wrong. I'll leave you to decide which way :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
lamisgod

Post by lamisgod »

I tend to agree i think the key battles on the park could be a bit tough for us at the moment with our injuries in the front row, the knocks the half backs are carrying, and can Carney (if he returns)hold against the in form Leeds centers & wingers whilst still freting about a hamstring injury. I hate to say it but we could seriously lose our unbeaten run at the JJB tonight, i actually thought that we would get at least 10-12 points start from the bookies..but as ever never bet against us we do have a nice habit of overturning teams as underdogs.. :sly:
if football was ment to be played in the air, they'd build pitches in the Sky!

Brian Clough...
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

We need to concentrate on stopping Danny Maguire and Rob Burrow from distributing that ball tonight if we stand any chance. Those 2 players are showing how a 6 and 7 should supply the backs, similar to how Gregory and Edwards did it for us in the past era.

I am sure that the big centres that Leeds have wont get a sniff of the ball if we can put Burrow and Maguire out of the game. Our forwards, if Smith plays are a match for them upfront. Yes, Newton is the biggest loss, but I am sure Mark Smith will be up for this one!