Feeling a Little Better

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dany2k

Feeling a Little Better

Post by dany2k »

After the pessimism of last weeks post from your's truly, I have to say I feel a lot better after watching the Leeds game. The only downside I saw is yet more points dropped, as despite what Eddie and Stevo said, a draw wasn't the fair result. Aside from a period of dominance early in the second stanza (thanks to Radz terrible kickoff!), Leeds were second best throughout, despite their two fantastic tries.

We do really need to learn to kill games off, as there have been a number of games this season that should have been wrapped up at HT (Hull away and home, Leeds tonight, London away)

Why couldnt we play like that last week though! Leeds have proven that they bring their best to all games, displayed thoroughly last week against Cas. We need to do the same.

And how I wish Lammy wasn't retiring! One more year Adrian!! Please!

I also made a tenner with the old bookies, backing Wigan at evens with a 6 point start. Wish I had bet more than £5 now.
Welsh Warrior

Re: Feeling a Little Better

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Have to agree and thats why I still think we can go on to the Grand Final because at times we made the minor premiership champions look really ordinary. Although again injuries will plague us and probably cause our downfall.
MrsLam

Re: Feeling a Little Bette...

Post by MrsLam »

We looked very determined tonight and our lads did well to come out with a draw with some of the sh*** decisions that were being given against us. Everytime we tackled well, they got a penalty for us being offside, it was getting very predictable.
Their second try from our point of view was just due to some very very bad tackling from us, can't remember who it was (kev brown??) but he stepped up to tackle early and unfortunatley didn't manage to ground the player meaning that our defensive line was something like / <--that and it gave them a lot of room to run around and make breaks. They also got a penalty from the other side of the pitch to actually give them the possession in the first place.

2 matches left before the big eliminators! If we play like we did today then I can't wait for all 6 of them
Well done lads, massive improvance on last week.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
dany2k

Post by dany2k »

Yeah, it was so much better than last week, although I did expect it based on the fact that we were at home :-)

I actually thought the ref had a decent game. IMO, he made two bad calls, the first being at the end of the first half where a Leeds player touched the ball and we had six tackles to go in front of the tryline. The ref waited for Radz to pick it up, run a bit, and then belatedly said 'Six more!', by which time Radz had kicked it forward. Poor timing there. I also thought his call to give a penalty against Lam for a second bite at the tackle (I think it led to Leeds first try as well) was harsh considering Leeds lay on quite a bit at times in the first half.

As for the trys, Craig Smith was mostly to blame for the first. Got duped far too easily with Diskins run, and then had the chance to make up for it with a tackle from behind but was too slow. I suppose he is still injured though :-).

As for the second, a poor attempted rush tackle from Brown was to blame, but Leeds did finish it superbly.

Only two games to go now. We would hope for two wins, but the lads might have their once/twice yearly competition to see how badly we can play in London.... hope not.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

What a bunch of cheating and biting girls leeds are lol

I think we played well but i think that defensive errors cost us the win, we seemed to have a good first half and then slow in the 2nd. Although a lot of good performances though Faz as ususal, lam carney, o'loughin and i think connelly made some good tackles.

I was still hoping for a cheeky little drop goal, just to bring back memories of the playoffs last year

But still an unbeaten run at our fortress !!!!!!

and Stevo on sky when we were playing well in the first half said not to take it away from wigan but leeds know there clear at the top of the league and cant be moved. As if to say we were only winning because they werent trying lol
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!*

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* »

"bunch of cheating and biting girls" nice name suits em well lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
WIGAN TILL I DIE!!!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

it is amazing how going to the game can cure all your pent up anger.. we played well last night.. & please don`t get me started on stevo.. someone at sky needs a word in his ear about a thing called being 'neutral'

we know how to play against leeds.. like we know how to beat saints.. not worried bout going into the play offs 5th.. would be nice to get a home tie at the fortress!!!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wolftown, you cannot grumble about Stevos neutrality when they balance that with Phil Clarkes blind one eyed optimism for Wigan, even if he was born in Bolton as he was trying to convince Stevo the other week. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaiJones

Re: Feeling a Little Better

Post by DaiJones »

Looking forward to Wigan's visit to my current home town this weekend with renewed confidence, I thought we played very well on Friday. Carney's try was reminiscent of last season so let's hope he's fit and goes on a scoring spree akin to last year when he was a major reason for our amazing run to the Grand Final.

What's the mood in God's own town then? Can we get to the Grand Final from fifth or wherever it is we're going to end up? Someone has to one day..when I lived in Australia I remember Canterbury getting there from 9th...(at least I think so.."I was very, very drunk" most of the time)mind you they got stuffed by Brisbane..so just ignore me..

Reassure a London based, Welsh born Wiganer that he can look forward to a cherry and white win at Old Trafford...please anyone?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaiJones, about as likely as Wales winning the 5 Nations (+Italy) :eh:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.