Jamie Peacock says...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
THE 18th Man

Jamie Peacock says...

Post by THE 18th Man »

Rugby players like Sam and Eastmond should get publicists to make there names known around the country in the hope it improves support and attendeces for England. what does everybody think about this?

i personally dont know. but if we want the sport to be bigger we have to do what the 'bigger' sports are doing
KOOCH

Re: Jamie Peacock says...

Post by KOOCH »

Good point.However, the down side to this is the fact that the more exposure Sam and Kyle receive will only bring in the head hunters from union.Not that they need any exposure as I am sure the union hierarchy are well aware of the ability of these two young men.Personally if I had any say at Red Hall I would be instructing the clubs to offer these two outrageous wages to keep them in our game no matter the Salary cap restrictions. :D
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think eastmond in particular is at high risk from yawnion poachers, think about how well robinson went in the twilight of his career, eastmond is simliar in build and pace to him and i have no doubt would be a sensation in yawnion.

For Sam i think his game doesn't lend itself as much
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

THE 18th Man wrote:Rugby players like Sam and Eastmond should get publicists to make there names known around the country in the hope it improves support and attendeces for England. what does everybody think about this?
Good idea but the snag is what is in it for the players or publicists? The players can't make any money out of any endorsements that might come their way due to being the face of RL because the money would count on the salary cap.

So if there is no money to be made from the publicity then unless the RFL paid the publicists fees it won't happen and even if the RFL did cough up it's a but rich asking professional players do do this for free.

Dave