Piggy leaving.....??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Piggy leaving.....??

Post by josie andrews »

I was told at the weekend, among other things :), that Piggy won't be here next season!

Has anyone else heard this or can they confirm? cp?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Piggy leaving.....??

Post by cpwigan »

Not heard anything for a while Josie but earlier in the season I was told he was looking to return to Aus. It could well be right as the club seems to sorting contracts at the moment and they have made some offers to players currently not at the club.
Prior to this season I would have driven him to the airport but he has had a decent season IMO and if he stayed then fine. However, newly married, due to have a child might mean he / his wife wants to return home and his decent form may ge him a start back in Aus.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The rumour's been floating around for a while, but I've not heard it from anyone "in the know", so can't tell how seriously to take it.
I guess if it is true, it must be Piggy himself that wants to leave, as he still has another season on contract after this one, and I don't see IL paying him off.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

if he is to leave i hope he is replaced by somebody just as good if not better, i hope we are not left relying on McIlorum for all our Hooking needs
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Not heard anything for a while Josie but earlier in the season I was told he was looking to return to Aus. It could well be right as the club seems to sorting contracts at the moment and they have made some offers to players currently not at the club.
Prior to this season I would have driven him to the airport but he has had a decent season IMO and if he stayed then fine. However, newly married, due to have a child might mean he / his wife wants to return home and his decent form may ge him a start back in Aus.
CP, Are you aware of any names in the frame? Why is it that our Aussies can't seem to hack it but those down at Knowsley Road seem to extend their stay? Perhaps we should recruit Kiwis!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

If Piggy does leave I can see us recruiting a scrum half in his place and moving Tommy L up to hooker permanently....
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

That's not a bad call weststand-rich.Though I cannot see it in reality.Perhaps with MM inside knowledge of the Aussie game we will recruit some one with passion as well as skill. :D
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

If CP does not know then no one does because he knows everything,just ask him and he will tell you.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

weststand-rich wrote:If Piggy does leave I can see us recruiting a scrum half in his place and moving Tommy L up to hooker permanently....
Brett Finch ???
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

old hooker wrote:If CP does not know then no one does because he knows everything,just ask him and he will tell you.
Why thankyou Old Hooker