Play of the ball

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: Play of the ball

Post by gpartin »

utter bollocks isn't it clamping down for the sake of it. The play the ball before the Laeano try was no different than the Hull one. The other thing is which I'm unsure of is that I thought the video ref could only look at what the ref asks him to unless its a general 'is that ok?' where's Thaler from?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

gpartin wrote:utter bollocks isn't it clamping down for the sake of it. The play the ball before the Laeano try was no different than the Hull one. The other thing is which I'm unsure of is that I thought the video ref could only look at what the ref asks him to unless its a general 'is that ok?' where's Thaler from?
Thaler is from Wakefield.

I think regarding POTB Clarkey has a point, it is in the rules so enforce every single one, the players will soon start following the rule.
El Bobbers wrote: I was thinking the same, he has made it a horrible game to watch. And the Cooke try was a shocking decision!
I think the Cooke try was the right decision, it looked to me as though he lost it with the right hand but regained and grounded it with the left.

ian b wrote:If they start all this bullshit with the play the ball the Aussies will move even further ahead of us.Ganson loves himself,especially when he is on tv.I think like Salford these two sides are very poor but Ganson has totally ruined the game with some shocking calls and the penalty count he is pedantic dick.I pray he is not ref for Friday :eusa10:
I truly believe that getting Ganson next week is the only chance we have of geting a decent rub of the green.
God forbid we get Bentham.
Thaler is a joke, Childs can blow hot and cold in his decision making, ditto Alibert.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I think the Cooke try was the right decision, it looked to me as though he lost it with the right hand but regained and grounded it with the left.
I will have to disagree with that. I felt he had no control of the ball.
exile in Tiger country wrote:I think regarding POTB Clarkey has a point, it is in the rules so enforce every single one, the players will soon start following the rule.
But why now and how does it improve the game? The refs have difficulty seeing everything that goes on as it is, it is going to make their jobs much harder and they will become more inconsistant. It's silly and pointless and in my mind it is only going to have a negative effect on the game.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

El Bobbers wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:I think the Cooke try was the right decision, it looked to me as though he lost it with the right hand but regained and grounded it with the left.
I will have to disagree with that. I felt he had no control of the ball.
exile in Tiger country wrote:
Just watched it again on boots n all, the tries and Obviously I had been drinking, his left hand was nowhere near the ball.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

exile in Tiger country wrote: Just watched it again on boots n all, the tries and Obviously I had been drinking, his left hand was nowhere near the ball.
Rockin the beer goggles eh? At least you were only watching the rugby :D
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?