Re: Are you fed up with football moving rugby games?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It isn't good for wigan, the players or the fans. We should dig our heels in and fight for the fixture that has been set in stone since last November, and that goes for playoff games also!

Wigan v Blackpool not many years ago 4,000 watched this game. It is a farce. I am fed up with Ian Lenegan's propoganda Bull regurgitating reasons as to why we have to abide by football rules. He has no balls and lets the fans know what he wants us to know on the matter IMO.

Looks like Widnes will now be our playoff venues for St Helens and Leeds. :angry:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Damn skippy we should.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

I appreciate that it's not Ian Lenagan's fault that we're, in effect, being held to ransom by Whelan and the Primadonna League, but at such a vital stage of the season, I'm afraid that a statement saying that the club are happy to assist in a switch of fixture date just simply doesn't cut it.

What about the people who have had to make travel and accommodation plans, organise their working patterns or have arranged their holidays around the ADVERTISED (for over six months) Super League schedule? I imagine, but I hope that as a gesture of goodwill I am proved wrong, no redress for compensation in this matter because tickets are sold on the understanding that League fixtures are "Subject To Change".

The fans were given a squad number by the club because of our support in the face of the club being pilloried in the media during the salary cap fiasco and facing relegation.

All we fans ask is some fair play in this situation. Will we have to surrender home advantage in the play offs due to the potential clash with not one BUT POSSIBLY TWO Premier League fixtures? I imagine that the odds are highly likely. But please Ian, please, fight our corner in this instance. The players, coaching staff and backroom staff of this great club have worked hard to get it back to a position of respectability. We fans also want to pull in the same direction by giving our highly vocal support, home and away and spend our hard earned money on match days and through merchandise, etc. As I said, all we ask is a fair rub of the green.

If fans cannot attend the Huddersfield match due to unavoidable circumstance, would it not be a good PR exercise to either refund match tickets/a portion of the season ticket either immediately or by allowing a ticket swap for the first round of the Play Offs? It'd be the nearest to a Win/Win situation that you could get - well, as near as you can without having to tell the Latics and the Premier League, "No, we're not shifting."
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Shouldn't recompense for supporters who now can't attend the Huddersfield game due to this enforced move have formed part of any agreement to shift fixture dates.

Wigan Athletic, Blackpool & the FAPL should have respected our fixture has been set for months and offered recompense as a jesture of goodwill.

It's frustrating our teams aspirations are shoved to one side each time the football clicks it's fingers.

Sadly, I'm unable to think of a solution as we've already been told there's no chance of a stadium of our own. Looks like we have to get used to this. :angry:
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

i am one of many who will now miss this game :( . not a happy bunny. i dont mind missing a game early in the season but hate missing any of the last 4 or 5 home games
Brian McTigue

Post by Brian McTigue »

To all unhappy bunnys. You do realise the game could have been moved by SKY. So could any of our games in the latter part of the season. Are you unhappy bunnys because it is Wigan Athletic and Dave Whelan? If so are you true Wiganers? You do also realise unhappy bunnys that when you buy a season ticket it does say that the scheduling of games is subject to change? Just imagine if by agreeing to switch this game we get cooperation during the play offs. Will you unhappy bunnys be screaming for the blood of Mr Lenagan then? We might attract more away supporters to the game and lose a dozen bunnys.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Luckily some bunny's are run on Duracel and keep going.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Brian McTigue

Post by Brian McTigue »

ancientnloyal wrote:Luckily some bunny's are run on Duracel and keep going.
Sadly some unhappy bunnys will shed so many tears over a storm in a teacup that their Duracels will corrode. Do you think those bunnys will react the same if SKY move a game ancientnloyal?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Brian McTigue wrote:To all unhappy bunnys. You do realise the game could have been moved by SKY. So could any of our games in the latter part of the season.
Sure, but SKY give more than 2 days notice, for one thing. The tickets are even printed with Fridays's date, it was at such short notice.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Brian McTigue wrote:To all unhappy bunnys. You do realise the game could have been moved by SKY. So could any of our games in the latter part of the season. Are you unhappy bunnys because it is Wigan Athletic and Dave Whelan? If so are you true Wiganers? You do also realise unhappy bunnys that when you buy a season ticket it does say that the scheduling of games is subject to change? Just imagine if by agreeing to switch this game we get cooperation during the play offs.
If SKY had moved the fixture it would still have been frustrating but we know have to put up with that as they fund the Super League through their TV deal.

However, this is a fixture being moved because another sport wants use of the stadium, couldn't the FAPL simply have postponed Blackpool's fixture until later in the season when their ground was able to host the game.

As regards to any agreement being in place that no further games (including play-off fixtures) will be effected, why don't the club come out and state that was part of the agreement to shift the Huddersfield game.

Supporters frustration may lessen a bit then.