Saints new home.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
bill.inger

Saints new home.

Post by bill.inger »

Last night I asked a Saints speckie (without a trace of sarcasm) "how`s the new ground coming on". He grunted, "don`t ask", and buggered off. I`ve just had a look on redvee.net to see what the situation is and there are some dissillusioned people in St Helens. Have a read-up on the last ten or so pages of the thread Stadium Watch. If i knew how to put it onto here I would do but I don`t know how. Anyway, have a look, it puts our lack of info over new players into perspective.
mike binder

Re: Saints new home.

Post by mike binder »

i have drove past thwere new stadium area in recent times and theres not much work going on just a road being built and a fence put around it,theres no way they will be playing there next season,they are doing mimimum till they get the franchise then they will stop building and announce they are staying at KR till the new stadium is ready ,which will not be worked on again till the next franchise is up for grabs.

Now salford is another matter there are hundreds of workmen and tractors working on there new stadium not just 6 yellow jacket men who work for St Helens council
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

mike binder wrote: theres no way they will be playing there next season,they are doing mimimum till they get the franchise then they will stop building and announce they are staying at KR till the new stadium is ready ,which will not be worked on again till the next franchise is up for grabs.
Don't that is an option Mike. According to RedVee, KR won't exist come January, hence their move to Halton Stadium.

Anyone who reads RedVee regularly will have spotted a poster who's signature reads:

What have Wigan Rugby and Johnny Wellies got in common?

Answer: They are both homeless!

You would think he would have changed it by now wouldn't you!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... elens.html
St Helens have revealed they will play their home matches at Widnes Vikings' Halton Stadium all next season.

Saints will be leaving Knowsley Road and moving temporarily to the home of their neighbours whilst their new ground is being built.

Chairman Eamonn McManus said: "Knowsley Road cannot function for another year but the Halton Stadium is only a couple of miles from St Helens.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

absolutly shocking!
so halton stadium is ok for super league now cos saints are intrested but if its between vikings and crusaders only one winner, RFL are an absolute joke!

so when there ground is still not done come start of 2012 what happens?
they should be allowed to play there still but in championship and give widnes there rightful superleague spot
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

shawxshark wrote:absolutly shocking!
so halton stadium is ok for super league now cos saints are intrested but if its between vikings and crusaders only one winner, RFL are an absolute joke!

so when there ground is still not done come start of 2012 what happens?
they should be allowed to play there still but in championship and give widnes there rightful superleague spot
Totally agree! :eusa2:
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

tbh i'd like Saints to get their new ground asap.

Was thinking that it would be awesome if the flagsters on rlfans could get a 'BOSTON STAND' long flag made to put up at away games and christen their new away end the boston end.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Haha what a brilliant idea.

Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I wonder how much it'll cost to get the statue of the fat man moved to widnes!!!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

It matters not, 'cause it looks b6gg3r all like KFC.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09