Props

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woodentop07

Props

Post by Woodentop07 »

I actually thought Fielden and Prescott played very well v Wire. The knock ons will be remembered from them but their hard work in defence was very impressive.
After that first 20 mins,where Stu and Paul bossed the so called best front row in the league......if we had coley and ocarroll to come off the bench to carry on the hard work, I think we would have gone on to win the game.
We were at our best early on int the season with Fielden and Coley starting, then around the 20 minute mark we bring on Prescott, Ocarroll and mossop to keep the hard work going and the pack on top!
Wigan til i die!!
cook123

Re: Props

Post by cook123 »

You must be joking neither of them played "very" well they both had average games both dropped too much ball and both for the majority of the game got dominated in the tackle. the game isn't won in the first 20 mins that is why we didn't win on fri night.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

To their credit, I can't fault the effort from that pair or from any of the pack.

What we as a team really lacked was composure, hence the dropped balls. It's all very well busting a gut but if you lose the ball it's worthless.

At least they showed up though. I'd hate to be sat here criticising them for lack of effort.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

think alot of people 4get it was lashing down on friday and this suited the wire game more than ours
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

Other than towards the end when he kept dropping the ball I thought Paul Prescott played very well. He may have been our best forward after Lockers.
thomo

Post by thomo »

our props (and pack) are too lightweight
why can we not produce a young big hard prop
look at the burgess brothers - big strong lads with real size on them
O;Carroll, Davies, Prescott to me are all on the light side
dont know about O'Carroll and his long term build but oprescott has the great frame for a prop - we just need to put some solid bulk on that frame
Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

We signed a couple at U20's recently who have the size/stature fans crave for.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I thought Stuart Fielden looked terrified at times out there. Prescott took the ball up well and put some good hits in.
Andy Coley was a big miss as he is never phased whoever his opposate number is, and I think would have led by example against Morley & Carvell.
Interesting in that after Morley (as captain) was warned against his players attempted late charges on kicks he puts two in to try and crock players. Silverwood bottled it on that score.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Our props are dire,Coley is the best and that says a lot.We need 2 props and we should hope that one of the young props in the Academy fulfills his potential.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

thomo wrote:our props (and pack) are too lightweight
why can we not produce a young big hard prop
look at the burgess brothers - big strong lads with real size on them
O;Carroll, Davies, Prescott to me are all on the light side
dont know about O'Carroll and his long term build but oprescott has the great frame for a prop - we just need to put some solid bulk on that frame
Luke Burgess is average at best, Sam plays far more in the second row than at prop, and we don't need second rowers.
Prescott IMO isn't good enough for Wigan. We need another prop, even after getting Lima, to replace Coley who seems unsure wheter he's retiring or not.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09