Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Post by jobo »

All three have signed. Hoffman for a year, Finch and Lima for 3 years.
Jake

Re: Confirmed, wigan signed all three Hofman Finch and Lima

Post by Jake »

jobo wrote: All three have signed. Hoffman for a year, Finch and Lima for 3 years.
Where does your confimation come from?
a-true-warrior

Post by a-true-warrior »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 017&type=1

Wigan Warriors today confirm the signings of Melbourne Storm trio Ryan Hoffman, Brett Finch and Jeff Lima.

The three players join for the 2011 season onwards; Second Row Forward Ryan Hoffman has signed a one-year contract (2011) with a second year option, Half-Back Brett Finch has agreed a two-year deal (2011 and 2012) whilst Prop Forward Jeff Lima joins for three years (2011, 2012 and 2013).
Excellent signings by the club
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Great news, well done Ian and co, im sure the madge factor helped :lol:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

a-true-warrior

Post by a-true-warrior »

http://www.lasttackle.com/news_4001-bel ... leave.html

Good article, with quotes from signed players[/quote]
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

On paper it's fantastic news. I'm pretty confident that three regular first teamers at the Storm can have a massive impact at Wigan. However, I for one will reserve judgement until I've seen them play.

Still good news though
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Particularly happy with Lima, one of the problems against wire was the lack of an enforcer prop which i feel Lima can be for us. You look at all the top teams they all have a notable front row leader leeds (Peacock), Stains (Graham), Wire (Morley), our best player has been Coley but he is not the standard of the afore mentioned players. Lima i think can do a real job for us.

The last real good prop we had was Craig Smith IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
The last real good prop we had was Craig Smith IMO
The last one was Scott Logan IMO. When Millward left he was another player who found his form (like Pat) and we had pack to be feared at the end of 2006. I don't think we have had a pack to match that since with too much responsibility on the shoulders of Fielden even since Coley was re-born as a top prop last season.

Hopefully both Coley and Fielden will be here next season as well because otherwise we will still be short on experience IMO. If one of them leaves then if the other is injured we will be putting out an inexperienced pack again like we did v Wire.

Dave

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Tremendous news, and exactly what we need. I'm also glad the Quinn rumour has turned out to be just a rumour.

A Kiwi international prop, and two Origin players - exactly the sort of quality IL promised us at the various fans forums.

My one concern will be how well Tommy does in the hooker position, but given that McIlorum can play much longer than Piggy can, I don't expect it to be too much of an issue.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Lima,Fielden,Coley-sounds fine to me Dave.Unfortunatly Prescott /Davis will have to fight for their places.