Has Noble done it again?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

Has Noble done it again?

Post by highland convert »

Friday Crusaders play their game in hand v Quins. A win puts them in the top eight. Not bad for a useless coach.
What's the song, "Dream the imposible dream"
WTG
Jim
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Has Noble done it again?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont think people thought he was "useless" as of such he was just outdated and always rely's on seasoned Aussies. He will always get you in and about the play-off's but he's too outdated to win it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Watched Boots and All Tries last night and Barrie Mac summed it up perfectly when he said (may have it the wrong way round) that Crusaders had one British player in the 17 and two on the bench. Now I know its a team he has built pretty much from scratch, a luxury most coaches don't have, but if people think Maverick players like Sammut are pulling off moves that originated in Nobby's training sessions then I guess nothing can be said to remove Nobby from the Godlike status he has amongst certain people. Sammut was a great signing for Crusaders and he'd probably have helped a number of the lower sides push for the playoffs and Nobby deserves credit for bringing him in but the fact they still have a chance is a poor reflection on the performances of clubs like Catalans, Quins, Bradford and Wakefield in particular and highlights how injuries in particular have affected the smaller squads this year. Nobby isn't a useless coach by any stretch of the imagination but he'll no doubt continue with his tried, tested and failed method of approaching the season and eventually he'll be categorised along side other old-timers like John Kear. Until then I guess he's always going to be talked about as the best coach/motivator in the business by some.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

An amazing coach :lol:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Noble was and still is a good coach but was never the coach that Wigan wanted, he prefers overseas players to British players, rugby union players to rugby league players and his teams generally play a rather dull style of rugby league.

Noble might guide Crusaders into a mid table team but he will never actually create a Welsh rugby league team. His sides are always overloaded with overseas player and he doesn't really push the youth players the way other coaches can. His type of rugby isn't exactly going to bring fans flocking in once the novelty of a new team wears off.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He Has.

He has taken an under-performing side, filled it with overseas imports and taken it into the play-offs - after a slow start.

And again he will fail to make the grand final; probably after a decent play off campaign
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Well if he does have a good campain he is aiming at Leeds at the moment. What a scalp that would be :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

His youth development programme has been stupendous
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Don't forget the young Welsh lads that are Crusaders players, they can be seen most weeks playing for the South Wales Scorpions.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Crusaders now in top eight following the defeat of Quins in their game in hand.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09