I REALLY REALLY HATE BRIERS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

I REALLY REALLY HATE BRIERS

Post by ddtftf »

This guy is a total prick, and brings this game of ours into a farce. He blocks off players in a high ball situation and gets away with it ( He would not in Aus they are strict in this), mouths off at referees all the time and treats the game with total disrespect. And if he has ever trained in the last ten years I am from Australia.I am also sick of him jocking with referees and patting them on the back all the way through a match ( Hock got banned for touching a referee)
Ps I hate him.
tonyteastain

Re: I REALLY REALLY HATE BRIERS

Post by tonyteastain »

yeah I feel the same, he has never or will ever play for england that should say it all really.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

tonyteastain wrote:yeah I feel the same, he has never or will ever play for england that should say it all really.
I think the main reason he never has or never will play for England is because he has played internationally for Wales
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Lets be bloody honest.It was a no contest!The cats never turned up.No good blaming the slimey briers.Blame the French for not even giving us a game worth watching.Utter shite. :angry:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I am not blaming Briers for todays game, he is a total tool in every game.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

yes expected a better game than that Catalan never got into it but still hate to see him joking with the ref and his smug little face.Was glad to see not mentioned in the Welsh 47.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oddly I have a grudging admiration for Briers. He has talent and gets some vital wins for Wire. He had a great game once for Wales v Australia. If I was playing against him I would want to kill him ;) He's nowhere near the Paul Bishop scale though for loathing though IMO.

Semi was a disaster. Probably a higher standard of RL played by Wire than both teams yesterday but v such a poor team, it was a very dull affair.

Incidentally, re the raving about Solomona. Gary Connolly was by far the best I have ever seen at that skill and far better than the big lad.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Disaster todays match, looked like the Aus players want the season to finish so they can go home. They seem to have trouble settling over in France, and England, and Wales etc etc. God bless Pat Richards, a little gem.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

Now he will be in the final and crying like a baby afterwards ( feel sick already.)
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Have always hated him. Reasonable kicking game, but needs to be playing behind a dominant pack (as he has this year) to make any real influence on the game. In a phsyical game he usually goes missing. No where near international standard (much like long) and so has not really been considered a threat when he has faced world class opposition.

That aside; it's his attitude, gamemanship and unbelievably punchable face - he looks like Ennis the slack-jawed yokel from the Simpsons! He was understudy to the most irratating player in stains history during his time at knowsley road; so had a good teacher - but lacks the firey temperment of goulding
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------