Ganson arrested

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Re: Ganson arrested

Post by GeoffN »

It would seem sensible for the RFL to suspend him pending his court case, but they're not well known for being sensible.

If he does get a game at the weekend, there will be some "interesting" chants going round - a chance to unite both sets of supporters, whichever game it is!

The hits on the RFl "appointments" page will be higher than usual tomorrow, I'm sure!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think the reaction to Ganson would potentially be worse than that Geoff tbh
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I have just checked the RFL web site.

Mr S Ganson is not on a game this weekend in any capacity.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wiggydoran wrote:I have just checked the RFL web site.

Mr S Ganson is not on a game this weekend in any capacity.
Right decision under the circumstances IMO.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Steve Ganson will not be officiating at an Engage Super League game this weekend, but not because of his arrest at the weekend.

The 40-year-old St Helens referee was held by police on Saturday night after an altercation which left an 87-year-old woman seriously injured in hospital.

Ganson has not been named as an official at any of the seven fixtures this weekend, but the Rugby Football League have confirmed that this is due to a prior engagement.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

cpwigan wrote:
Steve Ganson will not be officiating at an Engage Super League game this weekend, but not because of his arrest at the weekend.

The 40-year-old St Helens referee was held by police on Saturday night after an altercation which left an 87-year-old woman seriously injured in hospital.

Ganson has not been named as an official at any of the seven fixtures this weekend, but the Rugby Football League have confirmed that this is due to a prior engagement.
With his solicitor?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
gpartin

Re: Steve Ganson update

Post by gpartin »

DaveO wrote:
gpartin wrote:Welcome back hope trip was good.
It was excellent thanks. Lots of photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/dave.oddie

RU I am afraid for the game shots (I was kind of the official photographer and kept people back home updated).

Dave
nice one mate glad you enjoyed it. On my mobile so can't look at your pics but I will do.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Shaun1967

Re: Steve Ganson Arrested

Post by Shaun1967 »

WiganRL4Life wrote:Quote:
The 40-year-old from St Helens was held by police in the early hours

If this is true, irrespective of innocence or guilt, should we not be questioning the professionalism of a full time referee out "in the early hours" the night before he is officiating at a Challenge Cup Semi Final?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:
WiganRL4Life wrote:Quote:
The 40-year-old from St Helens was held by police in the early hours

If this is true, irrespective of innocence or guilt, should we not be questioning the professionalism of a full time referee out "in the early hours" the night before he is officiating at a Challenge Cup Semi Final?
Good point. If it was a player they would be being dropped under the new regime at Wigan and we all know how influential a ref can be with his decisions.

Dave
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Don't think you have to be at the peak of physical fitness to be a VR. Ganson did the job when he was injured.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09