magic weekend

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
katerigby

magic weekend

Post by katerigby »

does anyone know any info about the magic weekend?
is it back in cardiff or in scotland?
is it back to derby's?
just wanted to know so we can all book the hotels before it starts getting too expensive and busy :D
TonyH

Re: magic weekend

Post by TonyH »

There was an announcement from the RFL saying they were basically delaying announcing their decision so God knows when it will be announced (How many 'announcements' can you say in one sentence lol). Maybe the RFL will hope everyone forgets about it and they won't have to announce it at all lol.
Up The Mont!
katerigby

Post by katerigby »

they better make a date i love the magic weekend.
i heard it was going back to cardiff.
hope we hear something soon
anyone else knows anything let the rugby world know cheers
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

katerigby wrote:they better make a date i love the magic weekend.
i heard it was going back to cardiff.
hope we hear something soon
anyone else knows anything let the rugby world know cheers
It is supposed to be pre season now, & the first weekend in February so I have been told. And it is to be held in Cardiff.

Even Angela Powers off Sky has said it is a bad idea so early in the season and so soon after Christmas & the New Year...
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

who'd want to go to Cardiff in mid-winter? short cold days... i'm happy just going Leigh pre season.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:who'd want to go to Cardiff in mid-winter? short cold days... i'm happy just going Leigh pre season.
Exactly!! Not being able to mingle with opposing fans like in the late spring/early summer. Sat or stood outside with your teams colours showing loud & proud.

Instead wrapped up with hats & scarves the only way to identify fans & huddled together to keep warm.

Er - No Thanks
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

scrap it, it's a stupid idea anyway.
Why play an extra game, it hands easy points to some teams that may be vital at the end of a season.
If they have to persist with it, just make it a regular round.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:who'd want to go to Cardiff in mid-winter? short cold days... i'm happy just going Leigh pre season.
Exactly!! Not being able to mingle with opposing fans like in the late spring/early summer. Sat or stood outside with your teams colours showing loud & proud.

Instead wrapped up with hats & scarves the only way to identify fans & huddled together to keep warm.

Er - No Thanks
I was frozen to the bone in May this year sitting through all these games .What chance hypothermia next February.

2002 and EW is hooked
botica

Post by botica »

exile in Tiger country wrote:scrap it, it's a stupid idea anyway.
Why play an extra game, it hands easy points to some teams that may be vital at the end of a season.
If they have to persist with it, just make it a regular round.
I completley agree, and if you look at our two closest rivals now, they both had easy wins on the extra game... Even though we won it was never guaranteed, it makes the point difference we hold now on those two even more impressive...
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

February 12th /13th in Cardiff next year. Oh dear.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."