Re: Magic Weekend at Round 1 a good idea?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

I agree with most of the comments. If someone reads this from Rugby League Headquarters Leeds

P*****ssssss OFF WITH YOUR COLD WINTER OPENER WE WANT A WARM SUMMER BREAK.

WHY NOT TRY THE WHOLE OF THE 4TH ROUND OF THE CHALLENGE CUP WHEN ALL THE SUPER LEAGUE TEAMS JOIN IN AND HAVE ALL THE GAMES FREE OF CHARGE TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.Big crowds and make your money selling programs beer and burgers

:D :D :D :D :D
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

100% Warrior wrote:Magic weekend is a complete farce and a waste of both time and supporters money. We should stick with playing each team once at home, once away. The additional fixture is just nonsense.

If the RFL want a good idea, how about getting a Cumbrian team into Super League.
Could not agree more.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in May in Yorkshire?
How far away from Huddersfield is Wigan?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Stormfan wrote:Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in May in Yorkshire?
When in May?? usually it's pretty woeful at the beginning but nice toward the end.

Distance is about 50 miles or so.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan is 35 miles from Huddersfield.

If I was inviting a friend from so far overseas, I would say avoid the 'summer' months of June July & August. Last few years have been a total washout!

Late Feb to the end of May tend to give us the nicest days. After that, leave it till September/October. We are at the end of November now and a few days this week have been far better than many 'summer' days, albeit the sun goes down early and it gets chilly!

Be sure to let us know when you plan to come and we can order the pies in! :lol:
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I will be there for all of May.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Thanks for the info Kitt.We are having a nice day today,it is 35 deg.I am really looking forward to coming to the UK and making time to see our ex team players, Lima,Finch and Hoffman play. I will be sure to wear my Storm jersey so I think I will be easy to pick out in the crowd. Do Wiggoners have a Social Club to go to on Game Day?.Is there a pass I can buy for that day?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

In May in Yorkshire the weather is pretty much like Melbourne in spring time, but slightly cooler.
It is 40 miles to Huddersfield from Wigan.
If you have the time Stormfan, the English Lake district is a just a two hour road journey from Huddersfield, with good road network to get you there.
The Lakes are a beautiful place to visit and take your camera, you wouldnt be dissapointed.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I am definitely making time for the Lake District.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Depending on when in May

May R15 Fri 27 May Wigan Warriors V Hull KR 8pm is by far the best game for atmosphere etc in that month unless the club organises something special for games v Quins for example.

If you come to Wigan. Contact the club explain where you have come from and they may well sort you a special pass for the South Stand Bar etc. They may even sort you a visit to training to catch up with the Storm Boys. Failing that the likes of Josie have long arms and wield big sticks (influence) At Wigan Games I would suggest sitting in the East or South Stand for atmosphere.

If there is a big game in that month say at Leeds or Warrington I would even visit their games.

Re Huddersfield. George Hotel Birth place of RL and it has a decent RL museum inside.

Scenery - Not short of that Lakes as mentioned but the Yorkshire Dales for Limestone Features is another. Some picturesque places in Yorkshire outside the towns/cities.