CC final sold out.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

CC final sold out.

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... L_Cup.html
Next Saturday's Carnegie Challenge Cup final between Leeds and Warrington at Wembley is a sell-out, with the last remaining tickets now snapped up.

Although the national stadium has a capacity of 90,000, Club Wembley seats account for nearly 18,000 and the Rugby Football League have quickly sold their allocation of 72,000
KOOCH

Re: CC final sold out.

Post by KOOCH »

Could not be arsed! Two teams that I hate. :)
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Shame we're not there but a sell-out is great news for the game, especially after last years poor turnout. Just goes to show that it's the big teams that are the draw!
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Why is there not allowed to be full capacity?
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

NathanCroucher wrote:Why is there not allowed to be full capacity?
It is full capacity the way I read it. 72,000 sold by the RL, 18,000 Club Wembley. Presumably those tickets will be for the Great and the Good!

IE. Hangers on who'll turn up to any old freebie if there's a chance of getting their mugs on TV alongside the great unwashed!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:
NathanCroucher wrote:Why is there not allowed to be full capacity?
It is full capacity the way I read it. 72,000 sold by the RL, 18,000 Club Wembley. Presumably those tickets will be for the Great and the Good!

IE. Hangers on who'll turn up to any old freebie if there's a chance of getting their mugs on TV alongside the great unwashed!
ie empty seats right opposite the main camera. Great planning.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

What do you expect GP? This is the RFL remember!! Couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

georgeorwell wrote:What do you expect GP? This is the RFL remember!! Couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery.
Nothing to do with the RFL - the Club Wembley seats are the equivalent of season tickets but covering lots of different events:

All England senior home games
The FA Cup Final
Both FA Cup Semi Finals
The FA Community Shield
The Football League Cup Final and
The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

(plus options for all other evnts, including concerts)

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Templates ... =Guest#EMA
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

yeah and all they needed was a system in place where people who have the tickets have to confirm their attendance in order to prevent them being resold. Not rocket science surely.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gpartin wrote:yeah and all they needed was a system in place where people who have the tickets have to confirm their attendance in order to prevent them being resold. Not rocket science surely.
Agreed! My point is that it's not the RFL's fault (for once!).