Are Wire our Storm ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Are Wire our Storm ?

Post by cpwigan »

I actually do not think anybody will ever get caught by the RFL because it will not take much to fool the RFL but I just wondered if fans think Wire are legal and above board re the salary cap or happily cheating and bringing success?
medlocke

Re: Are Wire our Storm ?

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:I actually do not think anybody will ever get caught by the RFL because it will not take much to fool the RFL but I just wondered if fans think Wire are legal and above board re the salary cap or happily cheating and bringing success?
:thum:
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I actually do not think anybody will ever get caught by the RFL because it will not take much to fool the RFL but I just wondered if fans think Wire are legal and above board re the salary cap or happily cheating and bringing success?
:thum:
You are spot on there it is obvious to every one,to have so many world class players on top money stinks. I know of at least four in there team turned down top money offers from top 4 teams to go to Warrington you dont have to be very intelligent to see they are breaking the salary cap. That is one of the reasons I believe if the salary cap is not policed correctly and it is abused by teams to buy trophys PUTS THE WHOLE SYSTEM INTO DISPUTE. I dont want to return to the days of before the introduction of the salary cap but there needs to be a overall of the present system
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

This topic keeps cropping up regularly. I would guess it also shows up on other fans' forums as well.

The intelligence must have got back to the bean counters at Red Hall so it can only mean one of 2 things.

1. Warrington are not breaching the Salary Cap.

2. Warrington have found a legitimate way around the Cap which the authorities are unable or unwilling to challenge.

An example of this could involve personal sponsorsip. If a player receives say a car and other financial benefits from outside the club. Presumably this would be ignored under Salary Cap rules? How many outside business interests does Warrington's wealthy owner have?
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Kittwazzer wrote:This topic keeps cropping up regularly. I would guess it also shows up on other fans' forums as well.

The intelligence must have got back to the bean counters at Red Hall so it can only mean one of 2 things.

1. Warrington are not breaching the Salary Cap.

2. Warrington have found a legitimate way around the Cap which the authorities are unable or unwilling to challenge.

An example of this could involve personal sponsorsip. If a player receives say a car and other financial benefits from outside the club. Presumably this would be ignored under Salary Cap rules? How many outside business interests does Warrington's wealthy owner have?
Like what I said before if a rule is seen to be unfare and so easily disguised and breached neads to be looked at and changed so as the idea was first brought in for so all teams are playing on a evan playing field, Warrington are not playing by this idea and which ever way you cut it are cheating
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I would say that wire are far more blatant than the storm. I would be fascinated to see how their cap is divided up amongst their team.

Wire's top earners are likely to be (in no particular order):

King
Morley
Monaghan
Hicks
Briers
Carvell
Atkins
Myler (they won a bidding war to sign him)
Higham
Bridge
Solomona

And they have just signed the reigning man of steel for next year after outbidding his current club (where he is the star player) in Hodgson.

It was reported in more than one place that King is reputed to be on £250K a year - the salary cap is £1.6 million so that is a sixth of it gone on one player. It was reported by the Aussie press that King was paid a large portion in image rights for flying over Singapore.

For whatever reason the RFL are either unable or unwilling to sort out wire's finances. It's either that or all of the junior players and some of the lesser senior pros are being paid in bottle tops, buttons and lint.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

One word will suffice for me.Cheats! :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

Matthew wrote:I would say that wire are far more blatant than the storm. I would be fascinated to see how their cap is divided up amongst their team.

King
Morley
Monaghan
Hicks
Briers
Carvell
Atkins
Higham
Bridge
Solomona

And they have just signed the reigning man of steel for next year after outbidding his current club (where he is the star player) in Hodgson.

It was reported in more than one place that King is reputed to be on £250K a year - the salary cap is £1.6 million so that is a sixth of it gone on one player. It was reported by the Aussie press that King was paid a large portion in image rights for flying over Singapore.

For whatever reason the RFL are either unable or unwilling to sort out wire's finances. It's either that or all of the junior players and some of the lesser senior pros are being paid in bottle tops, buttons and lint.

Higham went there for 30k
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

pedro wrote:
Matthew wrote:I would say that wire are far more blatant than the storm. I would be fascinated to see how their cap is divided up amongst their team.

King
Morley
Monaghan
Hicks
Briers
Carvell
Atkins
Higham
Bridge
Solomona

Higham went there for 30k
Right thats one down MORLEY chose wolves ??? because they were succesfull ? or because they offerd more cash £100,000 AT LEAST
Carvell same as Morley
King £250,000 ?
Monaghan £100,000 +
Atkins out bid all other teams got to be again around £100,000
myler your guess is as good as mine OUT BID ALL OTHER TEAMS
that in my reconing is over £700,000 a year on just 6 players
The figuers just dont stack up they have to be cheating the system and thats what is wrong with the present system no team should so easerly cheat it leagualy or not
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

By definition, you can't cheat legally. My understanding is that the Salary Cap restricts the amount the club pay out in wages. Presumably, it does not restrict how much the players can receive.

In the spirit of fair play, these 2 amounts should be the same. But the Warrington chairman is a multi millionaire and committed to success. If he is paying players out of his own pocket, I don't see how anyone can stop him!

For all we know, he may have hired King as his Personal Trainer for £200K pa. Carvell may be cleaning his windows for a similar wage. Morley could be giving his daughter ballet lessons!

I doubt there's anything anyone can do!