Are Wire our Storm ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nellywelly

Re: Are Wire our Storm ?

Post by nellywelly »

God wrote:I think the cap is 100% water tight. And Warrington are not cheating. I also believe the rfl are keeping a very close eye on Warrington and i also belive they look at Warringtons cap limitations on a monthly basis.

Nothing going on out of the ordinary imo.
I wish to apologise for shouting in my previous posts but do you honestly think that all clubs are playing within the salary cap because if you do then you are alittle nieve.The system has not been invented yet which can not be breached like what has been said in other posts,if you are a very rich person and you dont want to pay all the tax you should to the inland revenue you pay an accountant to sort it out for you. And that basicaly is what Warrington and perhaps some other clubs are doing and I say good luck to them. But lets have some honesty and so clubs dont have to be so devious, lets have some flexibility in the system where teams which can afford it are allowed to spend over the salary cap if they can prove there finances can afford it
ian b

Post by ian b »

Richie Mathers must earn around £500,000 being the greatest full back around :exc: the guy's a genius.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:KW the RFL rules forbid any such methods. However, that does not mean they do not take place. A player as in Melbourne's case might be paid 1 figure on the books and given an extra payment elsewhere by the same employee under another name. It took the NRL 5 years to prove anything against Melbourne and that was only after somebody mistakenly gave Ian Schubert the wrong set of accounting records.
That is the point. All the scams people suggest such as paying the players wife/gf a large salary for a none-job at the club are catered for in the cap rules.

There is even the catch-all we got done with of something not being in the "spirit of the cap". So even if there was no explicit rule to forbid something (as there was not when we deferred wages) clubs can still get done by this rule if the RFL sees fit.

So if Wire are breaking the cap then it's like Melbourne and the RFL know nothing of it. Or Wire are doing something others are not which the RFL know about and which the RFL won't deem against the spirit of the cap.

If it is the latter all clubs can do the same, if the former one day as with the Storm it will come out.

Dave
More importantly Dave, what will the punishment be for Warrington, should any charges be proved in the future? I seriously doubt the RFL would have the bottle to even fine them without the majority of it being suspended (for what good that would do on a multi-millionaire owner)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

nellywelly wrote:
God wrote:I think the cap is 100% water tight. And Warrington are not cheating. I also believe the rfl are keeping a very close eye on Warrington and i also belive they look at Warringtons cap limitations on a monthly basis.

I wish to apologise for shouting in my previous posts but do you honestly think that all clubs are playing within the salary cap because if you do then you are alittle nieve.The system has not been invented yet which can not be breached like what has been said in other posts,if you are a very rich person and you dont want to pay all the tax you should to the inland revenue you pay an accountant to sort it out for you. And that basicaly is what Warrington and perhaps some other clubs are doing and I say good luck to them. But lets have some honesty and so clubs dont have to be so devious, lets have some flexibility in the system where teams which can afford it are allowed to spend over the salary cap if they can prove there finances can afford it
I think your a little nieve believing all the stories about how much players are on.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pedro wrote:
nellywelly wrote:

I think your a little nieve believing all the stories about how much players are on.
Problem with your comment Pedro is that unless you can categorically state otherwise - you have absolutely no idea what the players earn yourself. So there is a chance they might be earning as much as is rumoured/speculated

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

So is everyone elses, only person on here I knew of was Higham and the original post was more than double what he was on as I corrected him.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pedro wrote:So is everyone elses, only person on here I knew of was Higham and the original post was more than double what he was on as I corrected him.
And why would Higham actually tell you what he really earns? If Warrington ARE playing the cap, then NO player will truly reveal what they actually earn, otherwise the claim that Warrington "might" be the new Melbourne would be destroyed by player ineptitude after only a season or so - they might be thick - but not that thick :)

pedro

Post by pedro »

Because I know him, played within the same circle before he became pro. He is quite open about a lot of things really.

So as you say, now I know where and why I got my info so how do the others get their 100k+ for the others?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I trust Pedro where Mickey Higham is concerned. He has never been wrong.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I'm sorry to say "I don't". What player would sign a contract, less than half what he was originally (supposedly) on, and also possible the last one of his professional career?

As I said, IF Warrington are doing a Melbourne, what good would it be if players openly bragged about it to whomever, no matter how friendly they where with them :roll: