Are Wire our Storm ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
butt monkey

Re: Are Wire our Storm ?

Post by butt monkey »

BTW, How come many fan's had heard the rumours that Higham was "out the door" long before he realised it was true from reading it in the Wigan Evening Post?

I argued this point with DaveO a long time ago.

Despite the story that Higham was playing for a contract, he WAS informed differently at that time. The club were actively moving to sign his replacement. Witness the Pryce, Phelps, Fielden, Coley situation now and what has happened to Feka also this season. Why are announcements not more forthcoming? It appears to be a problem with IL's leadership. Why they cannot be "more open" with fans is a question you need to ask a more relevant person
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

I dont know as Higham was never approached by the club and told he was going. So unless the fans are IL or he goes around telling fans what he is doing, it was rather a guess or bollox.

I didnt pluck amounts out of the air I gave a solid real amount which is true. I was referring to the people saying about 70k and others saying x must be on 100k+ and y is well known to be on...and so on.

He doesnt brag. I know him personally and asked him after leaving how much he had signed on he told me as I know how much he was on at Wigan also, he was gutted to leave talked in depth. I know far worse facts than his earnings but its not for a message board

:cool:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If Pedro says something in relation to Higham it is based on hard evidence. Sorry but doubting him on this player is silly.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

East Stand Al wrote:They are, presumably, checked as regularly and thoroughly by the RFL as every other club & ain't been caught so you have to presume they are applying the rules correctly. And they are still only the 3rd best team in the league.

Check whose paying their credit cards ?????
pedro

Post by pedro »

jaws1 wrote:
East Stand Al wrote:They are, presumably, checked as regularly and thoroughly by the RFL as every other club & ain't been caught so you have to presume they are applying the rules correctly. And they are still only the 3rd best team in the league.

Check whose paying their credit cards ?????
the thing is the RFL will never get permission to check players bank statements and so on so it can only check the clubs books.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:If Pedro says something in relation to Higham it is based on hard evidence. Sorry but doubting him on this player is silly.
I never doubt that players have friendships outside of the game. However, to believe that one would willingly and in detail give financial details to someone who now openly brags about his "inside knowledge" of all things Higham on an internet forum beggars belief.

As I stated WHY would/should anyone be expected to believe what Pedro says as far as a players financial situation is, compared to anyone else's comments regarding similar matters for other players?

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

butt monkey wrote: Pointless discussion as you refuse to acknowledge WHY he would divulge ANY financial details to a mere friend/acquaintance.
Please reply to this question Pedro, or can you not?

pedro

Post by pedro »

butt monkey wrote:
butt monkey wrote: Pointless discussion as you refuse to acknowledge WHY he would divulge ANY financial details to a mere friend/acquaintance.
Please reply to this question Pedro, or can you not?
Course I can. I did do I thought. Anyhow, its not a big thing, how many people do you know personally and know their earnings. If someone you knew asked would you tell them over a pint or not?

Its not cloak and dagger stuff. I asked he said. I went into the situation with Wigan, he told me. I knew what he was on before at Wigan, was no secret.

Hope it clears it up.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

To be mildly fair, although I am convinced Wire are cheating, as were Hull KR a couple of years ago IMO. I think Myler was tempted more by Tony "If you sign for us I guarantee first choice England spot " Smith. Oops, that may have been an error Richie
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

exile in Tiger country wrote:

I think Myler was tempted more by Tony "If you sign for us I guarantee first choice England spot " Smith. Oops, that may have been an error Richie
Lol! He won't even guarantee him a first choice Warrington spot!