Are Wire our Storm ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pedro

Re: Are Wire our Storm ?

Post by pedro »

He was on good money. He has a young family and has to provide. He said he would have signed for Wigan on the same money but never approached him. He in effect was heading for the dole queue so took what he could. Warrington offered 30k Mickey took 30k.

He also said the win bonuses on Saturday were poor. He isnt a bragger he is an honest bloke, so the question is why would he lie? You might see a difference if he was on 100k a year in his lifestyle but there isnt 1.

Why would you think Wire would pay the daft ammount on the other page for a Wigan reject?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pedro wrote:He was on good money. He has a young family and has to provide. He said he would have signed for Wigan on the same money but never approached him. He in effect was heading for the dole queue so took what he could. Warrington offered 30k Mickey took 30k.

He also said the win bonuses on Saturday were poor. He isnt a bragger he is an honest bloke, so the question is why would he lie? You might see a difference if he was on 100k a year in his lifestyle but there isnt 1.

Why would you think Wire would pay the daft ammount on the other page for a Wigan reject?
Pointless discussion as you refuse to acknowledge WHY he would divulge ANY financial details to a mere friend/acquaintance. Now if you are his financial advisor - that would be another matter. Otherwise, like this entire thread, speculation remains.

"As for signing for clubs "When Out Of Contract (not a reject as you claim - there is a difference), just look at any deal the player signs financially (Kelvin Skerritt from Bradford to Wigan is a great example) when no transfer deal or other circumstance are involved
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
East Stand Al

Post by East Stand Al »

They are, presumably, checked as regularly and thoroughly by the RFL as every other club & ain't been caught so you have to presume they are applying the rules correctly. And they are still only the 3rd best team in the league.
The future's bright, it's cherry & white.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

butt monkey wrote:
pedro wrote:He was on good money. He has a young family and has to provide. He said he would have signed for Wigan on the same money but never approached him. He in effect was heading for the dole queue so took what he could. Warrington offered 30k Mickey took 30k.

Pointless discussion as you refuse to acknowledge WHY he would divulge ANY financial details to a mere friend/acquaintance. Now if you are his financial advisor - that would be another matter. Otherwise, like this entire thread, speculation remains.

"As for signing for clubs "When Out Of Contract (not a reject as you claim - there is a difference), just look at any deal the player signs financially (Kelvin Skerritt from Bradford to Wigan is a great example) when no transfer deal or other circumstance are involved
the fact they have money left on the cap for win bonuses at all is an absolute miracle to be honest. I know there are some players who won't be on huge amounts but it can be assumed that players like Morley will have been on a fair wack when he came from Aus because Leeds wanted him. Carvell won't have moved from Hull for peanuts and Myler would have had various offers of decent money before joining Wire. To me they just have too many internationals not to be on some kind of a fiddle, I really don't buy all this about the cap being live making sure everything is above board. It doesn't take a genius to work out there are always going to be ways round things and legally the RFL won't be allowed to look into who's paying when players get houses and cars bought, since as a blatant restraint to trade the cap relies on goodwill from the clubs in order for it to continue. If we still had promotion and relegation and a team had ended up being relegated as a result of points penalty for a cap breach, this would have been the only realistic situation where a team would challenge the cap at court and there'd be a good chance the club would win. Players like Matt King won't leave Australia for anything other than a really high wage and of course the exact figures are speculation but they had quality players all over the place before they got Solomona and Ryan Atkins and you'd think Atkins would have been one of Wakefield's highest paid players and as an international you'd think he would have been on a decent amount or he'd have left sooner. The Higham situation is different because IIRC he wasn't made aware he was getting released until very late in the season when a lot of teams had their plans in place for the following year. The Leeds situation is different and I can believe what Sinfield was saying that players are paid much less than they can get at other places because they like the way the club is run, the chance of winning trophies and the rapport between the players. The bulk of the Leeds squad are local players who have come through the academy and have a strong attachment as a result so I think its understandable they'd take a little less but the same can't be said for Warrington. If they didn't have a rich backer then I could accept the desire to win trophies could be a big factor but the majority of the squad has been together for a while but just keeps growing with more top class signings and for me its got fiddle written all over it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sorry Gaz. That is completely unreadable. Try to marshall your thoughts, decide your salient points and then paragraph them.

Please don't take it the wrong way. I am interested in what you have to say but you have to make it readable!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:Sorry Gaz. That is completely unreadable. Try to marshall your thoughts, decide your salient points and then paragraph them.

Please don't take it the wrong way. I am interested in what you have to say but you have to make it readable!
Don't read it then. I'm using my mobile phone while attempting to feed a baby and do a million and one different things. I can only start a new paragraph by putting 20 odd spaces in so I tend not to bother. I'm putting stuff on here to keep my mind busy rather than because I'm particularly bothered about a response. If not getting a reply bothered me I'd have stopped posting ages ago because I know people are only capable of dealing with one post at a time but couldn't give a stuff either way to be fair. Having read through the post again it makes sense to me, but if there are too many words or not enough line breaks for people to be able to read and understand what I'm saying then I don't think I could care any less if I tried. Thanks however for the advice on how and what to post KW, next time I find myself in a conversation with someone who gives a Shit, rest assured I'll tell them. :-)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Now that was a single continued thought pattern which I was able to read and understand perfectly!

Didn't realise you were multi-tasking. And I appreciate you don't give a toss if I understand your posts. I don't give a toss if Martyn finds his keys!

I take no pleasure from this! :lol:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:Now that was a single continued thought pattern which I was able to read and understand perfectly!

Didn't realise you were multi-tasking. And I appreciate you don't give a toss if I understand your posts. I don't give a toss if Martyn finds his keys!

I take no pleasure from this! :lol:
Hshsthe pleasure's all yours ;)

pedro

Post by pedro »

butt monkey wrote:

if you are out of contract and release are you a reject? As you have been rejected.....

You make out as there is some kind of huge conspiracy and they have all been sworn to secrecy, makes me laugh the thought of it.

Higham only knew he wasnt being kept when he read in the paper that we had signed Riddell and had to go away for a few days with the family as he was gutted.....maybe he shouldnt have been bothered as he signed for Wire for 1.5 mil a week

:roll:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Looking through this thread for your rambling contradictory nonsense:
pedro wrote:Higham went there for 30k
pedro wrote:but, you are just plucking numbers out of

How do you know what everyone is on? You said Myler was on a good wedge and he isnt so maybe you are wrong with the the air. Myler was bought bear in mind. others.
So you don't accept you pluck figures out of the air - only everybody else :roll:
pedro wrote: all signings have to be ok'd by the RFL for the live cap
Not by you then? :roll:
pedro wrote:Mickey went there for 30k He said he did it and would have stayed at Wigan on the same but they never even spoke to him about a contract. He needed a job and has a young family. Wire were the only club to approach him.

The HMRC investigated Wire and found no wrong doings.

I dont live in a blinkered existance just dont buy into every theory on here. 2 years ago leeds were breaking every rule. Now they are going downhill they are picking up on Wire. Look at the 2 teams. On paper we have a better squad and not a small one with increased contracts for the established youngsters. Are we breaking the cap?
Why do you expect others to accept your speculation as "true" when you can never offer any proof. A good example is that about the HRMC - of which you (like everyone else) will only know what you will have been told via rumour/speculation - no actual facts.

Then YOU personally argue you know what one player is earning and expect us, as fans, to accept you are superior in some way for this "knowledge". Yet when others have stated/claimed figures for salaries given for other players, you rubbish them, without any ability to claim to the contrary that your "knowledge" has any basis to it :roll: What if they are as friendly (as you claim) and love to divulge their financial "goings on" with say Carvell as you are?

Pedro, you ignore the simple fact, WHY would Higham tell you what he earns/doesn't earn? Does he like to brag to you in some way about his money? I know of no-one that highlights their actual wages the way you claim Higham does with you, in any sport/business unless they are totally and utterly big headed braggarts. For goodness sake, even the M.P.s tried to keep their earnings/expenses hidden :eusa17:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!