how hard to find a hotel!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
katerigby

how hard to find a hotel!

Post by katerigby »

how hard is it to find a b & b in cardiff for the magic weekend. Its driving m crazy

PLEASE HELP
onedego

Re: how hard to find a hotel!

Post by onedego »

If price is of an issue, you'll do well to look for places in a 10 - 15 mile radius of Cardiff. There's a couple of Premier Inns near-by as well.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Apparently it was cheap pre event announcement but is now silly as they have all raised their prices significantly. I guess that is business. As A & L says you have to be prepared to stop a few miles out now for a decent price.
onedego

Post by onedego »

We're going to be staying with Family near Porthcawl. Close to the Swansea-Cardiff railway line... Problem with this is that we know the area, and can easily use public transport to get around (for the beer consumption of course). If you're happy to drive into Cardiff, this would be perfect though...

If not, Check out Bridgend Town for B&Bs. Should find one there, and it's far enough out to not be hit too badly by the price hikes.

Be-aware, if you're looking to park in cardiff, you're looking at NCPs only... there's no free parking anywhere. We always jump on the NCP at Knox Road (right next to the prison). 5 minute walk away.

Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

we have just booked travel lodge at Bridgend.Newport has rooms and is a few miles closer but is more awkward if you want to use public transport so you can have a few drinks.
Only booked Saturday night so if we are the last game on Sunday its a quick turnaround for work Monday morning.
I know the concept has its critics but i have enjoyed both Cardif and Edinburgh and the excitement of a possible stains derby, plus being away for the weekend coupled withthe anticipation of the first game of the season should make for a fantastic weekend.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

cpwigan wrote:I guess that is business. As A & L says you have to be prepared to stop a few miles out now for a decent price.
We took on board Ryanair's business plans when deciding on our Murrayfield trip this year, we stayed just outside of Edinburgh - Atherton. It's like the Catalans trip if you want to do it easier the best way is to book hotels on the day the fixtures are released, that way the french dont have a clue and you can always stop your booking months after. The sad thing is that not many people had chance to book hotels for Cardiff as nobody knows what days we're playing... the only winners are the RFL and SKY who would have booked the best hotel rooms.

Try Bristol. 1 hour or less by car, same with train... unless you want a rugby atmosphere
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/ ... ?#roomrate

Holiday Inn Express @ Cardiff Airport

£57 / night (double/twin) Breakfast included. Includes a free bus to Rhoose station for train into Cardiff.Check the Cardiff airport website for bus details. Bus between Cardiff Airport and the Station stops @ the hotel.

http://www.tbicardiffairport.com/en/con ... -rail.html

We used this service last year for the Crusaders game @ Bridgend.

Or try the Superleague link for Millenium Magic. Hotels are cheaper on here although most of the really cheap ones have gone .

http://www.millenniummagic.co.uk/

Sorry if the links dont work (can somebody fix please)

You wish is my command - Links fixed Josie

Thank-you Josie .
2002 and EW is hooked
katerigby

Post by katerigby »

thanks everyone for the replies they have been much helpful.thank god we are sorted now going on a package with mayfair travel beltin! xxx :D
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

katerigby wrote:thanks everyone for the replies they have been much helpful.thank god we are sorted now going on a package with mayfair travel beltin! xxx :D
saw that advertised on the back of the lotto tickets this week. Looks ok that does
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pete&kaz wrote:
katerigby wrote:thanks everyone for the replies they have been much helpful.thank god we are sorted now going on a package with mayfair travel beltin! xxx :D
saw that advertised on the back of the lotto tickets this week. Looks ok that does
I have 3 different lotto agents & don't get the lotto tickets on a weekly basis cos I always pay in advance, so I don't always see any ads until they are out of date.

What was the deal from Mayfair BTW? I said I wasn't going, but as it gets nearer the time & having been starved of rugby over the winter I may just succumb.... :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan