We made hard work of that!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

We made hard work of that!

Post by GeoffN »

But i guess it's the result that counts. Nice to see Skints getting battered anyway!
MrsLam

Re: We made hard work of that!

Post by MrsLam »

Me dad said it was good to watch em getting smashed, apparently they were never in it :D

We did make things difficult for ourselves, and in those first 20 minutes there was only kris n gaz hock doing anything. Kris definitly man of the match in my books.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Re: We made hard work of t...

Post by robjoenz »

Didn't Radders lose a tooth in that high tackle from Fat Danny Lima? The physio and water carrier were both looking on the floor for summut since he went down.
Alex the Warrior

Re: We made hard work of that!

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Not a great performance by any stretch of the imagination.We didn't defend the bomb well at all, but can anyone explain (other than to say Ganson is a cheat) why on the 3 occassions we put up an effective bomb, we were penalised every time.

A win next week, with possibly a win at Hull to follow, but no more than that.

Agree about Luke. I bet salford can't believe their luck.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

the games against the wire are always the same!! it is one game i love ot go and see every year.. we always struggle, but i think that is down to warrington playing extremly well also!!

as for the bomb.. watch tapes from the last 2 seasons. we have never been able to defend it.. a point a few people have pointed out before, u would think we would practice it a hell of a lot more!! it seems like they think, we don`t use the bomb that much, so we won`t practice defending it! stupid.. seen TO many tries concieded by the bomb over the past 2 seasons..

good win though!! that is all that matters!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Alex t'Warrior, the first two occasions we were stupid enough to tackle the Wire player in the air, the 3rd occasion we were clearly offside at the kick, all correct decisions I am afraid, part of our continuing practice to keep the opposition in the game by giving away dumb penalties. Wherever John Monie is these days he must be spinning as his first rule was give no penalties, his second was you get back in the defensive line even if you have a broken leg :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Honest and correct Wolftown Warrior.

And MrsLam
Wigan was penilised on theirs bombs at Gaskill because he twice was tackled in the air when collecting the ball without any effort from the Wigan players to go for the ball.
It ain't allowed you know.
They must give the ball receiving player an small advantage of yards, I think its five.
Please correct me if i'm wrong on this somebody.
Thanx PnB
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

primrose'n'blue, no you do not need to give the opposition player any room at all if you are onside at the kick but you are still not allowed to tackle a man in the air, of course if you are offside at the kick then you have to give the opposition player the normal 10 yards
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wish the game had been televised - Both tries were borderline as to whether their winger was in front of the kicker.