Ryan Bailey

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Re: Ryan Bailey

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:And it gets better

Paul Wellens punches a Castleford player. Ben Thaler does not send him off. Castleford are denied the opportunity to play the 12 men and lose the 8th spot. Wellens later is involved in securing a final try and giving Saints 2nd place and a home tie v Warrington.

The referees are full time, well paid and spend day after day supposedly improving their game and ensuring consistency.

Dear oh dear goodbye Stuart Cummings.
Disagree about Whelans. It wasn't a sending off. The incident with mad dog Mcgoldrick was in retaliation for
McGoldrick leading with the elbow, also Whelns didn't actually punch him. Your point about the refs is right though, the actually quality is scary.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Radford up before the disciplinary, but no charge for Bailey, it seems. Typical.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... dford.html
D0gz0fWar

Post by D0gz0fWar »

Only thing on RFL and word over in Leeds is that Bailey won't be called.

I think i recall Smith putting the incident on report, but will the panel look at the full inclident from the tackle to the sending off.

If so - Bailey hits a player 4 times square in the Head, picks himself up after getting fly swatted, see 5 leeds players to help him and tries to go after Radford again.
Tries a fresh air head butt on Long (made me laugh has much with long laughing in his face), Radford calls him out while bailey stands behind all his sh***house Leeds players, then when the camera picks him up again, quite clearly seems to mouth while pointing "your f***ing dead".

I'm sorry but if thats doesn't warrant a ban, and Fielden slapping shi**house Mason gets 1 match - then i don't know what Leeeeeeeeeds have to do to get a ban!!!

Is there no independant review you can complain to!
D0gz0fWar

Post by D0gz0fWar »

We didn't expect that did we!

http://www.therfl.co.uk/about/disciplin ... hp?id=2216

You can imagine it now at Red Hall.

Ah Mr Bailey - what the devil are you doing here!

i've been sent because i did nothing wrong.

And who sent you

The stupid f***wit Smith

Oh okay, and how much was your petrol, because we will have to reimburse you for that, and how much would you like for the inconvenience of having to come here.

There you go and give our regards to Brian when you see him.

"I can't believe that, that guy is a saint wouldn't hurt a fly" get Smithers on the phone now!!!

What an absolute joke

fixed your link - :) Josie
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

And its good to know that we all mistakenly saw Bailey using his elbow.

The RFL have quite clearly got to the truth haven't they??
Player attempts to regain feet and play the ball, forearm makes unintentional contact with opponent, provokes opponent but no misconduct
hmm where does a forearm stop and an elbow begin? and when did it become acceptable to lash out at a players head 3 or 4 times with that elbow (sorry 'forearm'!)?

Joke
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Ryan Bailey defends himself from being tackled by raising his knee into a players gut and gets up in a tackle by using his elbow to player's heads, what's wrong with that?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No mention of the attempted headbut either which is actually the second successive match he has done so. At Wembley I think he placed his head "with care" on Monaghan. Ryan always looks out for the small players :roll:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He should have been banned for his behaviour, both in the tackle and after it - but the headbutt was one of the most pathetic attempts to "butt" someone that I have ever seen (and I was a doorman for ten years). Put it this way - if long thought it was funny; then it's pretty clear that it was just for show.

Bailey is a idiot and like has already been said, if it wasn't for RL, he'd be in prison or in the ground.

Hopefully his NRL equivalent will give him something to think about when he joins KR next year and they can both spend some time on the sidelines. It's only a pity that we don't have a modern day Skerrett or Cowie in the side - that would be funny!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Matthew wrote:He should have been banned for his behaviour, both in the tackle and after it - but the headbutt was one of the most pathetic attempts to "butt" someone that I have ever seen (and I was a doorman for ten years). Put it this way - if long thought it was funny; then it's pretty clear that it was just for show.

Bailey is a idiot and like has already been said, if it wasn't for RL, he'd be in prison or in the ground.

Hopefully his NRL equivalent will give him something to think about when he joins KR next year and they can both spend some time on the sidelines. It's only a pity that we don't have a modern day Skerrett or Cowie in the side - that would be funny!
Kelvin had the lowest punches thrown to punches landed ratio of any player I've ever seen, in fact I think the punches landed figure remained at zero til he retired which considering the number he threw is quite an achievement. Baileys headbutt attempt was close in comparison to the majority of Skerrett's punches haha.

Still think it's hilarious when Bailey gets up and realises Radford is surrounded before getting himself involved, that Radford still manager to get another shot in around Bailey's chops.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Disgrace again by the rfl, Bailey was up for the same offence twice in two games and yet does not even get a warning, absolute cr*p again, The RFL are overly biased towards saints,leeds and warrington this year. Obviously overlooked bailey trying to headbutt long as well, w*nk*rs