Well that was dramatic...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Well that was dramatic...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saints win 40-30 to claim second, Cunningham scoring the last try with 10 seconds left. Eddie is, as we speak, being wheeled out in a wheelchair, his pants all sticky.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Re: Well that was dramatic...

Post by Kittwazzer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
East Stand Al

Post by East Stand Al »

Why were the Scousers allowed to play 24 hours after Warrington so they would know exactly what they needed to do to finish second best?
The future's bright, it's cherry & white.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

East Stand Al wrote:Why were the Scousers allowed to play 24 hours after Warrington so they would know exactly what they needed to do to finish second best?
Does it really matter? Too many people read too much into things these days, it is what it is and as long as the team I support I.e. The Mighty Warriors are doing well I couldn't care less bout petty little technicalities.
Up The Mont!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

East Stand Al wrote:Why were the Scousers allowed to play 24 hours after Warrington so they would know exactly what they needed to do to finish second best?
good question, would never happen in football. Wanted Saints to finish above Warrington because I think it will be a tougher game and take more out of both teams. Could have seen Wire winning by quite a bit if it had been at HJ. Also hope Eastmond is injured enough for him not to be ruled out for the rest of the season but to start each game then get injured early on and take ages going off leaving Saints a man down ha. Feel quite positive about the playoffs now, Leeds don't look too good and are relying on individual players like McGuire too much. Saints are an up and down team but if we beat Hull we'd never have picked them in the at clubcall regardless and Wire are playing well but all season they have had some really good wins then lost by playing really badly, they can't put a run of good results together. I think Warrington are due a few injuries too, they seem to have been pretty lucky. Terry Newton said that Human Growth Hormone helped him get up and down the stairs when he was injured. Also when is the Cumbria game? If that's before the Grand Final it could do us a favour that McNamara hasn't picked Goulding or Joel T when each of the other teams have a fair few players involved, I'll never know why they didn't get picked when players like Joe Westerman are in but never mind.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gaz. That was like an episode of 'Just a Minute'. No idea what point you were trying to make but I would pick up your comment that Warrington would have a big win over Stains at HJ.

Warrington have hardly ever beat Stains in Super League. Home or away!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

are Warrington now in Knockout situation being in 3rd place??
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:are Warrington now in Knockout situation being in 3rd place??
No. When they lose next week, they will get another chance!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:Gaz. That was like an episode of 'Just a Minute'. No idea what point you were trying to make but I would pick up your comment that Warrington would have a big win over Stains at HJ.

Warrington have hardly ever beat Stains in Super League. Home or away!
Didn't think it was too complicated and pretty short for me. My point was I think we're going to do ok in the playoffs. i know Warrington struggle v Saints but they're in much better form at the moment. In the last game they threw the game away but they seem much better drilled now. I genuinely think they would have beaten Saints quite convincingly if they had a home tie but with it being potentially the last game at KR and such a big occasion Saints will nick it I feel and Warrington are on a decent run but are due to put in a poor one. Genuinely don't know what there was in my post which you couldn't understand, I know I go on a bit but its not normally my use of English which gets questioned lol.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think we are both in agreement albeit you have more confidence in Wire over Stains than I do.

Gaz. I am on my Blackberry and whilst your grammar and spelling are fine, paragraphs would make it easier for me! :D