Matt Smith

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gillysmyhero

Matt Smith

Post by gillysmyhero »

Has he been on loan to Salford and thats why he's gone back to stains for the play offs.I thought he'd signed for Salford on a permanant basis.Anyone know?
Kittwazzer

Re: Matt Smith

Post by Kittwazzer »

He has signed for Salford for 2011 but that doesn't take effect until December. In the meantime, he remains a Saints player. They have recalled him for the playoffs to boost their available numbers.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Kittwazzer wrote:He has signed for Salford for 2011 but that doesn't take effect until December. In the meantime, he remains a Saints player. They have recalled him for the playoffs to boost their available numbers.
Thanks Kittwazzer
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Shows you how short of halfbacks they are when they have to recall a player that they don't want and haven't wanted for over 2 years!

Can't see him slotting straight into the side - maybe this will be wire's chance to finally win at KR
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew wrote:Shows you how short of halfbacks they are when they have to recall a player that they don't want and haven't wanted for over 2 years!

Can't see him slotting straight into the side - maybe this will be wire's chance to finally win at KR
Oops! :roll:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

GeoffN wrote:
Matthew wrote:Shows you how short of halfbacks they are when they have to recall a player that they don't want and haven't wanted for over 2 years!

Oops! :roll:
He was a bit special last night, especially considering he only got a call on Monday to say he was needed back at stains.
Well deserved MOTM award.
Showed Whinging Briers up :)
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

On tonight's Boots n All, John Wells opening comment was “What price him holding on before signing that Salford contract?”

Thought it was signed, sealed and delivered?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I think it is, Two year deal I believe
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think St Haltons have dropped a right bollock in letting this lad go and, according to RedVee, a lot of their fans feel the same.
Something is happening with Kyle behind the scenes, I am convinced. And I see that Offiah is no longer his agent!
This time last year, all the Stains fans were panicking that he would go Rara. He signed a one year extension but after the season he has had, he no longer has the same bargaining power.

Another Karl Pryce IMO!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Kittwazzer wrote:I think St Haltons have dropped a right bollock in letting this lad go and, according to RedVee, a lot of their fans feel the same.
Something is happening with Kyle behind the scenes, I am convinced. And I see that Offiah is no longer his agent!
This time last year, all the Stains fans were panicking that he would go Rara. He signed a one year extension but after the season he has had, he no longer has the same bargaining power.

Another Karl Pryce IMO!
He's not that bad! Nigel Wright, maybe.