sts new stadium update

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mike binder

sts new stadium update

Post by mike binder »

drove past today they have doubled the workforce to 12 council workers ,and still working on the same rd thay have been on 4 the last 12 months no work going on on the actual ground area,this stadium will never get built
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
exile in Tiger country

Re: sts new stadium update

Post by exile in Tiger country »

mike binder wrote:drove past today they have doubled the workforce to 12 council workers ,and still working on the same rd thay have been on 4 the last 12 months no work going on on the actual ground area,this stadium will never get built
Oh dear...........
How sad.............
Never mind!
:D :D :D
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

they have started to demolish the old buildings this week (no I dont mean knowsley hole) :D
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

I drove past it by accident the other night. Sat there looking at the big hoarding that says "here we go here we go" wondering what it was about - then it clicked!!

Still a waste ground with old buildings on 2 days ago.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I wouldn't read too much into this.

Amec built the JJB before we'd finished playing at Central Park. Once the ground had been prepared, it was simply delivered and assembled in flatpack form.

You won't get too many clues from seeing the site.

As a traditionalist, if I had my way, the DW would be renamed 'The Gant'! :D
endoman

Post by endoman »

Chesterfield's new footie Stadium, and it looks very nice, was knocked up pretty quickly as well. I would imagine getting the drainage etc sorted first is the time consuming bit,
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

just been informed they have found asbestos in the buildings so taken longer to knock down then first thought

mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I would love to beat Stains in our very first derby at their new stadium.

Shouldn't be a problem for us with all 3 Tomkins brothers in the squad, especially as Logan will be in his Testimonial Year! :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Looks like they've already started demolishing Knowsley road.

In fact, it's looked like that for years...
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Kittwazzer wrote:I would love to beat Stains in our very first derby at their new stadium.

Shouldn't be a problem for us with all 3 Tomkins brothers in the squad, especially as Logan will be in his Testimonial Year! :lol:
The Tomkins. This current generation or the offspring of the current crop. They should be retired by then.
:doz: