Luke Robinson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mark prescott

Luke Robinson

Post by mark prescott »

Hi everybody

having seen the perforamces of luke over the last 6 weeks what have we gone and done by letting luke go to salford surely mr lyndsay should have done more to keep luke as he can cover several positons i personally would have let mark smith go and keptluke as he can play hooker also, remember the cock up we made when we let long go to widnes, do not be surprised if luke is not at leeds or bradford within 12 mnths and watch how many times he comes back to haunt us, the mates who sit with me at the games are all of the same opinion come on lyndsay save the young stars who are coming through not the players who cant command a regular spot mark smith,
mario

Re: Luke Robinson

Post by mario »

Lindsey would have been just as stupid getting rid of Mark Smith. What he should have done is spent less or nothing in the NRL and kept them both, and signed Craig smith for another year.
Is thier any hooker that would keep his place ahead of Newton ?
mark prescott

Post by mark prescott »

agreed no one could command a spot in front of newton but luke can play hooker scrum half or stand off smith is limited
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mark prescott posted:
agreed no one could command a spot in front of newton but luke can play hooker scrum half or stand off smith is limited
Hooker, loose forward, stand-off, centre... Mark's not far behind Luke in terms of versatility and I thought they both played well on Friday. But Mario is right, we should be keeping Smith and Robinson and not wasting big money on people like Davico who no-one has heard of. There must be cheaper props available, especially now Cas have been relegated or even from the lower leagues, which would have been better than throwing all the wage money abroad. Remember, who was Danny Sculthorpe playing for before joining us?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!*

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* »

i no i think same but do you not think everytime he went on the pitch last week he got them all motivated and started to do something (duno if it might because i think hes well good but b reet lol) and he always give 110% coz hes like on every tackle and trying his best all the time lyndsey should of well got rid of mark smith i think they will get him back though coz they no what they have done according to papers but hope he doesnt end up at saints that would be awful!! GET HIM BAK LYNDSEY!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Very much doubt he'll be back.
Thing is as much as I liked Robinson and I know he's only young, but he's got to learn to cope with pressure and competition for places, it's been said on here before. This is top level rugby league and playing your best in 6 out of 20 matches because they're "easy" isn't good enough.
I hope he does do well wherever he ends up over the years
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
i_hate_carl

Post by i_hate_carl »

Luke Robinson is definatly one of the best young talanents that i have seen in a long time. As he develops he will become one of the best scrum halves in the world he will also come back to haunt us as from next season onwards as a fan of young rugby talanet i wish him all the best at Salford and for the future

Wigan Till i die
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

What has Carl done? Can he spell talent? :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Great minds think alike ian, they were the two things I was wondering! (look am having an alcohol free day today :)!)

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
(look am having an alcohol free day today :)!)
You've definitely gone to the right place if they have free alcohol Mrs Lam :D
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]