Richards bottles it..... AGAIN!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Richards bottles it..... AGAIN!!

Post by ian.birchall »

Controversial I know but it is time Pat got his head sorted out. Its not the first time this season his mental strength has crumbled when faced with a must kick penalty goal, I'm not talking about the last 5 secs penalty goal last night but the easy one he missed to first draw us level at 26 all.
Those doubting Thomas's who think this thought is outlandish should think of the times this season when his goalkicking has been vital and a miss has led to a defeat, even last week in the canter against Bradford the thought of passing Farrell's points in a season proved too much and Pat did his best not to pass the 388 points he needed. Its easier to kick 100% when your team is cantering to a 48-0 win but when the pressure is really on you need to have the mental strength to keep up the same level of performance when its do or die.
Yes I know he passed Farrell's overall points in a season last night but to my mind that suggests that nobody had told him about that record unlike the 388 which Sky had been harping on about as soon as he passed 300 points.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jao711

Re: Richards bottles it..... AGAIN!!

Post by jao711 »

was going to ignore this topic ,but now there are two of them at it .PIPE DOWN your talking rubbish. jao 711
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

ian.birchall wrote:Controversial I know but it is time Pat got his head sorted out. Its not the first time this season his mental strength has crumbled when faced with a must kick penalty goal, I'm not talking about the last 5 secs penalty goal last night but the easy one he missed to first draw us level at 26 all.
Those doubting Thomas's who think this thought is outlandish should think of the times this season when his goalkicking has been vital and a miss has led to a defeat, even last week in the canter against Bradford the thought of passing Farrell's points in a season proved too much and Pat did his best not to pass the 388 points he needed. Its easier to kick 100% when your team is cantering to a 48-0 win but when the pressure is really on you need to have the mental strength to keep up the same level of performance when its do or die.
Yes I know he passed Farrell's overall points in a season last night but to my mind that suggests that nobody had told him about that record unlike the 388 which Sky had been harping on about as soon as he passed 300 points.
oh my ..... :blush:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
old_trafford_or_bust

Post by old_trafford_or_bust »

He was 52 meters away from goal with a 5 degree angle! He did bloody good and I for one applauded his efforts!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

jao711 wrote:was going to ignore this topic ,but now there are two of them at it .PIPE DOWN your talking rubbish. jao 711
Take your tablets and read the match report in the Grauniad
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

old_trafford_or​_bust​ wrote:He was 52 meters away from goal with a 5 degree angle! He did bloody good and I for one applauded his efforts!
Read the posting again. I am not talking about the kick in the last 5 seconds, I am referring to the (relatively) easy one at 26-24 for the high tackle on Joel Tomkins.

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Absolute nonsense, only the best yawnion kickers could have kicked most of what Pat kicked.
Bottle merchant?
Remember the occasion of his first ever drop goal?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ian.birchall wrote:
old_trafford_or​_bust​ wrote:He was 52 meters away from goal with a 5 degree angle! He did bloody good and I for one applauded his efforts!
Read the posting again. I am not talking about the kick in the last 5 seconds, I am referring to the (relatively) easy one at 26-24 for the high tackle on Joel Tomkins.
I am sure Pat has indicated that he no longer has the drive to continue with the pressure of the kicking duties IB. I agree and if thats true, maybe the kicking duties should be passed to someone else.
Anyone else heard that Pat wants to pack in the kicking duties.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No, and I hope he never does. Wouldn't blame him though if he read some of the comments from the International Goalkickers on this thread!!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I mentioned in the other thread that Richard has not been the most consistent goal kicker this season but the last kick was a very difficult kick even for the best kickers.

Pat is probably his own worse critic and he will work on his kicking, he used to go out in the snow to practice kicking when the rest of the squad where in the warm because he took his kicking role so seriously.

If Pat is going to get the pressure kicks then he needs to keep his confidence up and have the fans behind him.