There is going to be a fanzone at old trafford.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exile in Tiger country

There is going to be a fanzone at old trafford.

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I seem to remember someone asking if there will be a fanzone at the GF this year.
Just checked my e mails and got this from the RFL
Grand FinalGrand Final Preview

Saturday’s Engage Super League Grand Final will see the season’s two most consistent teams, St Helens and Wigan Warriors, do battle for the right to be crowned 2010 Super League Champions.

Wigan earned their place in the final with a comprehensive defeat against defending champions Leeds Rhinos at the Headingley Carnegie Stadium and having already secured the League Leaders trophy, they will be hoping to add to their haul of silverware on Saturday. Wigan haven’t won in a Grand Final since the inaugural play-off year in 1998, so they will be desperate to end that drought.

The game, which is played at Manchester’s Old Trafford stadium is set to be played in front of a capacity crowd and will be a fitting end to what has been one of the most entertaining seasons of Super League to date.

Off the field this years Grand Final promises to be bigger and better than ever with has a whole host of spectacular entertainment:

1.00 – 5.00pm Fanzone Open
5.15pm International Allstarzz
5.30pm Diana Vickers
5.50pm Super League Trophy Guard
5.55pm Rhydian Roberts sings Jerusalem accompanied by the Yorkshire Co-op Band
Half time Darius Campbell Performance
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Re: There is going to be a fanzone at old trafford.

Post by gpartin »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I seem to remember someone asking if there will be a fanzone at the GF this year.
Just checked my e mails and got this from the RFL
Grand FinalGrand Final Preview

Saturday’s Engage Super League Grand Final will see the season’s two most consistent teams, St Helens and Wigan Warriors, do battle for the right to be crowned 2010 Super League Champions.

Wigan earned their place in the final with a comprehensive defeat against defending champions Leeds Rhinos at the Headingley Carnegie Stadium and having already secured the League Leaders trophy, they will be hoping to add to their haul of silverware on Saturday. Wigan haven’t won in a Grand Final since the inaugural play-off year in 1998, so they will be desperate to end that drought.

The game, which is played at Manchester’s Old Trafford stadium is set to be played in front of a capacity crowd and will be a fitting end to what has been one of the most entertaining seasons of Super League to date.

Off the field this years Grand Final promises to be bigger and better than ever with has a whole host of spectacular entertainment:

1.00 – 5.00pm Fanzone Open
5.15pm International Allstarzz
5.30pm Diana Vickers
5.50pm Super League Trophy Guard
5.55pm Rhydian Roberts sings Jerusalem accompanied by the Yorkshire Co-op Band
Half time Darius Campbell Performance
zzz I was hoping for megadeth to play a 3 hour set beforehand
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

endoman

Re: There is going to be a fanzone at old trafford.

Post by endoman »

Can someone tell me what a fanzone is?