FORMER STARS TOP CHARITY FIGHT BILL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

FORMER STARS TOP CHARITY FIGHT BILL

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Former Great Britain internationals Brian McDermott and Paul Sculthorpe will clash in the ring next month having signed up for a charity boxing event.

McDermott, who recently stepped down as Harlequins coach to join the Leeds backroom staff, will be the top name at the Netflights League at War night in St Helens on November 27.

The 40-year-old, who enjoyed a decade-long playing career with Bradford, was a heavyweight boxing champion in the Royal Marines before switching to rugby league full-time.

St Helens legend Sculthorpe, a former Great Britain captain and twice Man of Steel winner, retired from the game two years ago.

There will also be two exhibition bouts on the undercard, with Warrington playmaker Lee Briers and St Helens full-back Paul Wellens each taking on former British middleweight star Herol Graham. Hunslet Hawks player-coach Paul March will also face off against team-mate and twin brother David.

The event has been organised by the Steve Prescott Foundation, which raises money for cancer charities.

Prescott, the former St Helens, Hull and Wakefield full-back, has been fighting a rare form of stomach cancer for the past four years.
exile in Tiger country

Re: FORMER STARS TOP CHARITY FIGHT BILL

Post by exile in Tiger country »

And I always thought Scully was reasonably intelligent. He will get killed in the ring With Brian Mc, although I hears a rumour that he was supposed to fight Senior and Senior bottled it when he heard he had to face Scully, and developed a shoulder injury that needed urgent treatment.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

exile in Tiger country wrote:And I always thought Scully was reasonably intelligent. He will get killed in the ring With Brian Mc, although I hears a rumour that he was supposed to fight Senior and Senior bottled it when he heard he had to face Scully, and developed a shoulder injury that needed urgent treatment.
Scully is a game bloke and will give his best no doubt.
Lest we forget, he cleaned out Fitgibbon and O'Meley in one match against the Aussies.
He is up against it, as you say Exile, Brian Mc has the experience of being a heavyweight boxing champ in the marines.
At least both these peoples RL playing careers are over with no ill effects to be carried over in future seasons.

Some intersting additional bouts on the night:
Bernard Dwyer V Tim Street.
Esene Fiamalo V Ian Pickavance (Was Fiamalo once a boxer too ?).
Mick Cassidy V Richard Fletcher.
Paul March V David March.
warriorwal

Post by warriorwal »

Just one wish briers to get flattened if only
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

warriorwal wrote:Just one wish briers to get flattened if only
We all want that, unfortnately he is to cowardly to get involved n a boxng match, he is just taking a few swings at a boxer to try to catch him a sly one when no one is looking
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Sculthorpe.Legend in his own mind.I hpoe he gets well and truly knocked senseless.God bless his cotton socks. :D
Panchitta Marra

KOOCH wrote:Sculthorpe.Legend in his own mind.I hpoe he gets well and truly knocked senseless.God bless his cotton socks. :D
Bet he is chuffed to bits that Senior dropped out paving the way for an ex-marines heavyweight boxing champ now facing him in the ring.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Sculthorpe.Legend in his own mind.I hpoe he gets well and truly knocked senseless.God bless his cotton socks. :D
Bet he is chuffed to bits that Senior dropped out paving the way for an ex-marines heavyweight boxing champ now facing him in the ring.
:badg: :badg: :badg:
ian b

Post by ian b »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:And I always thought Scully was reasonably intelligent. He will get killed in the ring With Brian Mc, although I hears a rumour that he was supposed to fight Senior and Senior bottled it when he heard he had to face Scully, and developed a shoulder injury that needed urgent treatment.
Lest we forget, he cleaned out Fitgibbon and O'Meley in one match against the Aussies.
He is up against it, as you say Exile, Brian Mc has the experience of being a heavyweight boxing champ in the marines.
At least both these peoples RL playing careers are over with no ill effects to be carried over in future seasons.

Yes he was and Betts knocked him out at Central Park a few years back when he played for Widnes!!!
Panchitta Marra

ian b wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:

Yes he was and Betts knocked him out at Central Park a few years back when he played for Widnes!!!
Who played for Widnes.
Dennis Betts, Paul Sculthorpe or Brian McDermott ?.