can sombody please help me!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Raven04

can sombody please help me!

Post by Raven04 »

how come when i sit in the east stand i always get seats near the only people in the world that dont like noise? sorry but i can not help but get worked up and involved in the game! i prsumed it was the normal thing to do! unless i am the odd one? yes i get involved and i do it because i am passionate about my team and i always have been! and thats from the days of standing in the pop stand at our beloved central park! sorry but if you dont like it go watching golf! :angry:
GeoffN

Re: can sombody please help me...

Post by GeoffN »

Agree completely, Raven...if they don't like noise they should go in the boring west stand.
We were right at the back of the East, on halfway, just in front of the drummer boys. Brill atmosphere
MrsLam

Re: can sombody please hel...

Post by MrsLam »

I was same that time that guy tried to make me sit down and last night we were near an aussie first half and he was taking the pee double I ess (dont tell me I've spelt it wrong) out of wiganers for shouting for our team, personally didn't give a sh*** 'cause that's my local team and I'll shout all I want during the match its my God given right!!!!
Go and support the team people
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Raven04

Post by Raven04 »

and before anyboby as a go i am not takeing the you no what out of people that play golf! it was just the first thing i could think off! but i do think its boring! :lol: ! (i was about half way up the stand geoff row v?)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Raven04 posted:
and before anyboby as a go i am not takeing the you no what out of people that play golf! it was just the first thing i could think off! but i do think its boring! :lol: ! (i was about half way up the stand geoff row v?)
I don't think anyone will have a go, I don't think there's much argument that golf is one of the most ridiculous "sports" going. You'd be alright near us though, my mate is VERY noisy and gets complaints from time-to-time about his language. Top bloke, all the swearing's directed at the ref or opposition (can't stand those people hurling abuse at our players, unless Slongy signs for us in which case I'll be joining in!) and he's just the kind of person to help add to the atmosphere.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

Agree completely, Raven...if they don't like noise they should go in the boring west stand.
I sit in the West Stand and I can assure you that where we are there is a lot of noise, admittedly most of it is from yours truly, no, seriously we do make our contribution and get very involved. Never heard anyone being told off though.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Silver Surfer, at least people in the West Stand like you and I know that you cannot watch a rugby game from behind the goals, no one will take you seriously when you shout Forward. It appears that GeoffN came out of the closet as well and admitted that he was on the halfway line for t'big match.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Yep, I have to admit that! We're probably moving to the East for next season, if I can get seats near halfway.
I've watched from behind the sticks since the "henpen" days at CP (then on the Kop after the twitbread stand appeared). Who says you're never too old to change?
And I can still shout "forward", and be taken seriously, even when watching the video! I know the ref can still hear me, 4 hours after the game and a mile from the ground! :blush: :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

You can't see the gaps in the defensive lines from the side of the pitch. It is too difficult to pick out the right/wrong options that the players took when you have a side-on view.

Behind the sticks, half way up is the best spot for me. (Except when I was a kid and sat on the wall at Central Park).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

No Mike, when they get up t'other end of the pitch they are a mile and a half away. Get changing that headline!!
PS but if you like sitting behind the goals and you sign up with TotalRL.com you can have as many seats behind the goals as you like at the test v Australia at Manchester on the 30th October for ONLY £10, good value when it is £40 to sit on the halfway line :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.