Help required: NRL Grand Final coverage

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaddy

Help required: NRL Grand Final coverage

Post by Shaddy »

Hi Wigan fans. I hope I am not out of order asking about the Australian NRL Grand Final, but I do need help (no, not something a mental health professional could give :wink: )

I will be in Blackburn on Saturday 2nd, and from there, I need to go to a place where I can stay overnight, wake up bright and early to catch the NRL GF on Sky Sport.

I know Wigan has a proud RL tradition, and my Manchester mate backed it up, by suggesting that there was bound to be a pub showing it in Wigan, with a good atmosphere.

The latter is important. My Bulldogs team made the GF, and I am hoping there are some enthusiastic followers, that obviously will know about the game, as Wigan supporters surely do.

Can anyone confirm this, and provide the details of a venue in Wigan? My mate says Wigan would be better, because of the atmosphere as I said, but if it was too early (10:30am kick-off), that Manchester would surely have a place showing it. I don't mind the latter, but... again, the atmosphere is really important to me.

Thanks in advance.
Wight Pie

Re: Help required: NRL Grand F...

Post by Wight Pie »

Shaddy

The most likely and obvious venue in Wigan would be Walkabout on King Street which'll probably be open from 11am ish but might be earlier.

Their phone no is 01942 237439.

Shaddy

Re: Help required: NRL Gra...

Post by Shaddy »

Thanks for that. Do you expect a lot of interest from Wiganers (I hope I've used the right plural)???
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Shaddy posted:
Thanks for that. Do you expect a lot of interest from Wiganers (I hope I've used the right plural)???
Yes, but I suspect most of us will watch it at home, so early.
Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

GeoffN posted:
Shaddy posted:
Yes, but I suspect most of us will watch it at home, so early.
Particularly having consumed the odd celebratory beer after the Wakey game :D
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wight Pie, how many celebratory beverages are you thinking of having when the match is Friday night and you haven't woken up by Sunday????????????? :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Now that's what I call celebrating!
Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

If it's anything like the hangover I had at the weekend after beating Skints then I shall be hibernating until Monday let alone Sunday! (but obviously I'll be getting up to watch the highlights on the BBC before crawling back to bed)

It just depends on which pub the father in law and I end up in!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm gonna save my serious celebrating for when we win the GF!
:wink:
Like I did for Cardiff - Ooops!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

GeoffN, cruel!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.