Nice to see Quentin Pongia

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Nice to see Quentin Pongia

Post by ian.birchall »

on the Wigan bench at the side of the pitch on Saturday. Glad to see we have stood by him when he could and should still been playing for us yet.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaiJones

Re: Nice to see Quentin Pongia

Post by DaiJones »

Hear Hear, we could have done with him as well in recent weeks...I could rant about a conspiracy but should actually get some work done
warrior till i die

Re: Nice to see Quentin Pongia

Post by warrior till i die »

ooo ahhhhh quintain pongia!!!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
ian.birchall

Re: Nice to see Quentin Po...

Post by ian.birchall »

Warrior til u die, perhaps but at least Vainikolo gets on the pitch for most games otherwise he would not be the leagues leading try scorer. I bet Brian Carney hasn't scored 35 tries in his entire career.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I dont get that post! is that mean o e offenisve to carney or lesley?? [/quote]
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
mario

Post by mario »

ian.birchall posted:
Warrior til u die, perhaps but at least Vainikolo gets on the pitch for most games otherwise he would not be the leagues leading try scorer. I bet Brian Carney hasn't scored 35 tries in his entire career.
Vainikolo probibly had'nt before this season! I bet Vainikolos' been at fault for 35 tries in a season before though!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mario, you are deluding yourself again. I do not think that you will find many tries conceded by Vainikolo, yes 4 years ago his defence when he arrived from Oz was very dodgy, just like Dallas in fact, but he is as safe as most players now under high balls to his wing.

PS Just had a look on the Bulls official website and it says that in 2002/2003, 2 seasons Vainikolo scored 48 tries, BC scored 16 last year and 2 is it so far last year. Yes BC very exciting when fit and in full flow but we do not get our moneys worth under the salary cap restrictions.

mario

Post by mario »

ian.birchall posted:
Mario, you are deluding yourself again. I do not think that you will find many tries conceded by Vainikolo, yes 4 years ago his defence when he arrived from Oz was very dodgy, just like Dallas in fact, but he is as safe as most players now under high balls to his wing.

PS Just had a look on the Bulls official website and it says that in 2002/2003, 2 seasons Vainikolo scored 48 tries, BC scored 16 last year and 2 is it so far last year. Yes BC very exciting when fit and in full flow but we do not get our moneys worth under the salary cap restrictions.
I think you'll find that the 2003 season that you use for your stats is in fact the 2004 season!
and you don't need to go back 4 seasons for his dodgy defence and not just high balls. I agree that he has been safe in defence this season, but i did'nt actually say that he would have been at fault for 35 tries this season.I'm going back to when he was lazy, unfit, unable to turn round and chase a ball and as you say dodgy under the high ball or dodgy near any ball for that matter.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mario, the simple test is do we want him playing for or against us. You would have to say you would like him in a Wigan shirt, unlike Jason Hooper.

mario

Post by mario »

On this seasons form he looks good,but i personally think it's a flash in a pan. We shall see. I'd like to see an all British and ireland squad eventually.