What to do now???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

What to do now???

Post by Kiwiseddon »

As the final seconds of that countdown came to an end, I hoped that the euphoria I felt would never end. Sadly it has to at some point.

I am now faced with the inevitable anti-climax of the four nations and the forum posts turn to sponsorship, the look of the new kit and whether we'll make another signing. Valid as those posts are, I imagine that there's more than just me who are thinking that we are scraping the barrel a little and the reality of having to wait months to see the Warriors play again is sinking in.

I loved being a Wigan fan this season....Or should that be 'last' season now? Either way, I'm desperate to get next season underway.

Anyone got a flux capacitor handy???
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
stevethegas

Re: What to do now???

Post by stevethegas »

I've got a couple of spare flux capacitors in the garage, but the plutonium is proving a bit of a problem.
However even if we get some (we could use Uranium 235 at a pinch!) trying to get a DeLorean at anything over 30mph has always proved the stumbling block.

Sorry, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us.
Stevethegas
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I attempted to build a time machine as well but there is a slight niggling problem it only goes back 6 seconds...a slight niggling problem it only goes back 6 seconds...a slight niggling problem it only goes back 6 seconds...a slight niggling problem it only goes back 6 seconds.

When the club was owned by Whelan there were always plenty of wild rumours and new signings, Wigan used to get a whole new team every season so there was plenty to talk about.

Under Lenagan it is much more stable and successful club which perhaps means less to talk about in the off season...but look on the bright side pre-season starts in a few weeks.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Kittwazzer do not be depondent.Do as I do and re-run the Grand Final for the umpteenth time.Ie yesterday for example.Cannot get enough of watching that utterly dejected look on Grahams face.And the sound of Eddie Hemmings uttering the words Wigan are deservedly Grand Final winners with a gnashing of teeth.Utter joy! :D
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts.

Has anyone got a spare lightning bolt and clock towers 'cos I'd like to travel back to 2 October 2010.

:D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Salsa Caliente wrote:1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts.

Has anyone got a spare lightning bolt and clock towers 'cos I'd like to travel back to 2 October 2010.

:D
You could read Proust's A la recherche du temps perdu.

But I wouldn't advise it!:D

Susi

Post by Susi »

Glad i'm not the only one who's got post rugby blues.
Keep watching the final, and waiting for GB to start playing well.
Its all dark nights and no rugby look forward to on Fridays, never mind once christmas over and fixtures out , we'll be well on the way.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

look forward to fixture list
look forward to new kit
look forward to pre-season

cold dark nights ahead.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

mickw wrote:not had a new shirt for a while,might treat myself if its any good.would`nt mind a trip back to the late 80`s in that time machine though.
Make it the early 80s and I might be able to get away with wearing a shirt myself!
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

Do what I do. Work in St.Helens and drive round with Wigan stuff in the van window. The gloating still hasnt stopped.