Bluey Gone

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pedro

Bluey Gone

Post by pedro »

Replaced by Mcdermott :lol:
wiganwarriordave

Re: Bluey Gone

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Good riddance :D
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:Good riddance :D
+1

Thought he was alright until his comments after maguire was injured. A very poor loser and from the exodus of his support staff to Bradford it appears that it was not only Wigan fans who thought he was a to$$er!

Will be interesting to see how Leeds fair with McDerrmot in charge - he hasn't exactly set the competition alight at quins!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thought it was only a matter of time.
Not a good coach IMO, he was on borrowed time all last season.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... 10617.html
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Good decision IMO. No overseas coach should stay is SL longer than 3 years PERHAPS no coach should stay anywhere longer than 3 years.

McDermott? Who knows
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

? would you be happy to see Madge depart. And if so why.Do we have a british coach that is upto the task at hand.If so please name them.I for one am quite happy to see Madge stay as long as he wishes just as long as the trophy's keep coming in.Remember the lack of success under Brian.The standard of british coaches are not upto it from what I see! :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have always believed a coach from Aus can only stay in SL for 3 years before his knowledge base starts deteriorating badly compared to NRL counterparts. If a Brit educated themselves perhaps they can take over. I do think if Shaun Wane wants to take over he would need to go to Aus for a long session in his final year as an assistant to update his knowledge.

However, there are other aspects to coaching and there are exceptions to rules.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

McDermott working with a decent team is an unknown quantity. No idea how this will pan out.

Is he technically up to it? Will being a fresh face be good enough?

Leeds still have good players so if he makes the camp a happy one again (assuming it wasn't) then that alone could improve Leeds. New coach syndrome. He doesn't have to be that good a coach as Leeds still have good players who if they are happier at the club can almost coach themselves as Wigan did under Dorahay.

It's what happens down the track when the novelty has worn off that will reveal how he stacks up when he must replace the likes of Sinfield, Burrow and other stalwarts.

Dave