Mason and Fielden ready to rumble - Not again....

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Mason and Fielden ready to rumble - Not again....

Post by josie andrews »

Mason and Fielden ready to rumble

IT’S the punch that is still replayed and reviewed four years after it was landed – now English hardman Stuart Fielden is looking for revenge against Willie Mason in the ring. Mason clocked Fielden with a memorable haymaker that sent the big Pom spiralling, and his career hasn’t fully recovered until now. Fielden is back in the English side and his resurgent profile combined with Mason’s move to the English Super League next season has led to talks about a Fielden-Mason stoush. Working behind the scenes to make the fight happen is Mason’s manager, Greg Keenan. It’s understood Keenan has been in talks with Fielden for several months – and in recent days Fielden has confirmed he wants the bout to take place. Fielden didn’t want to confirm or deny the talks or bout but knows it has appeal. ‘‘Obviously, there is plenty of interest in me and Willie because of what happened, and now that he is going to be playing in England,’’ Fielden said. ‘‘I’ll deal with all that later on. I can’t get distracted from playing for my country right now. That is my priority.’’ Mason was happy to talk about the fight. ‘‘Bring it on,’’ he said. ‘‘I’ve been doing plenty of boxing with my trainer, Trent Langlands, and he has me feeling sharp. I can’t wait to jump into the ring against him.’’

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1784c.html
Why oh why has this been brought up again?? Surely Stuart doesn't want to go thru' all this AGAIN!!!

Stick to playing rugby league Stuart we don't want you crocked mentally or physically if this ends up with the wrong result for you! Do your talking on the pitch!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
georgeorwell

Re: Mason and Fielden ready to rumble - Not again....

Post by georgeorwell »

Yet another example of testosterone overriding common sense. Stu potentially has so much to lose and very little to gain. You are right Josie, he should get on with being an outstanding forward for club and country.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mason's manager, Greg Keenan is the one gaining from this if it goes ahead.
IMO, another ploy to put Stu Fielden off his game.
All Stu needs to do is put Mason down on his backside (legally), every time he takes the ball in.
He is well capable of overcoming everything Mason has to throw at him, but he must do it by playing Rugby League and not resorting to boxing.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

What is he playing at? Any improvement in his reputation he thinks he's going to get by showing that he's willing to get in the ring will be totally destroyed when he gets knocked out. The only way Stu would benefit would be if Mason refused to fight him but judging by the article he's keen to go ahead and I can't see him going easy on him under any circumstances. Totally pointless bringing the incident back up at all to be honest, he should remember he's a rugby player not a fighter and as much as I like boxing I think the idea of doing it for charity has been done now and Scully and the like should think of other ways to raise money before he or someone else gets injured.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Couldn't agree more. I see no merit in this whatsoever. If Mason is desperate to fight someone, I could speak with Shaun Johnson who I'm sure would be happy to accommodate! :)
botica

Post by botica »

Stuart................ Nooooooo......

the only person to gain from this will be Mason's manager. We need you focused on 2011. Just hope Madge puts a holt to this crazy idea. :eusa9:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
jacko32

Post by jacko32 »

well you lot sound like a right bunch of fairies theres less chance of these 2 meat heads hurting themselves in the ring than there is on the field
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I have been watching Mason in the NRL all year, and he has been a shadow of the player he was, he is lazy in defence and nothing like the power he once was going forward with the ball. That is why he is not in the Australian team, he is also a disupting influance in the dressing room and he has been released by his current team because of the trouble he has caused. This boxing challenge is just another way of him being a total ARSE HOLE.
Stuart, stay clear of this prick he is only trying to get publicity, do your talking with the team on the field.
This guy has not arrived here yet, and is already trying to cause problems, he is poison in a team, and thank God we have not signed this looser.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It seems the WEP has read my post, it is now on the back page today 02.11.10.

Headline is - Fielden coy about Mason fight!

But it is almost word for word post

:roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

You make me so proud, what is tomorow nights back page?