Benji

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Stormfan

Re: Benji

Post by Stormfan »

Hayne hahahahahahahahahaha .Hayne is not consistant. He only puts in when he feels like it. He doesn`t follow the ball around like Billy does. He might play 3 or 4 good games a year the rest he is lazy.( Most Australians feel the same.)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Stormfan wrote:Hayne hahahahahahahahahaha .Hayne is not consistant. He only puts in when he feels like it. He doesn`t follow the ball around like Billy does. He might play 3 or 4 good games a year the rest he is lazy.( Most Australians feel the same.)
No argument on that. Teams were exposing him with kicks early in the season. I think he improved later. To be fair though in 2009 the Hayne Train made more than 4 stops. 12+ by my reckoning.

On his day. Hayne has so much to offer and physically he is one big unit. Personally v NZ if fit I would have had Hayne on the wing but interchanged him with Billy quite regularly. Hayne is a freakish talent. So is Billy.
pedro

Post by pedro »

cpwigan wrote:I would disagree with that Pedro. On his day Billy is the best FB in the game. I do think horses for courses though that Hayne would have hurt NZ more and Boyd offers more outside back versatility than Gidley. The fact that Billy has forced teams to adopt a whole new and incredibly negative kicking policy is testimony to his ability.
I have to disagree, and attacking fullback makes teams kick away from them or try to.

pedro

Post by pedro »

Stormfan wrote:Hayne hahahahahahahahahaha .Hayne is not consistant. He only puts in when he feels like it. He doesn`t follow the ball around like Billy does. He might play 3 or 4 good games a year the rest he is lazy.( Most Australians feel the same.)
Take your purple tinted specs off.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I am not looking through my Purple tinted glasses. I am just stating facts.If you really want to see what I am talking about watch a few Australia games and you will see that Hayne doesn`t put in.Most Aussies knew that Hayne shouldn`t have been picked for the Kangaroo tour.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Stormfan wrote: I am not looking through my Purple tinted glasses. I am just stating facts.If you really want to see what I am talking about watch a few Australia games and you will see that Hayne doesn`t put in.Most Aussies knew that Hayne shouldn`t have been picked for the Kangaroo tour.
I watched the World cup final and the four nations final over the last 2 days, Billys pass backwards and his howling knock on cost the Aussies both games. I know its only a snip but so are your observations.
pedro

Post by pedro »

also the 2 I mentioned were the 09 and 10 fullbacks of the year.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Storm I am a person who views Billy as No 1 but he is fallable. I actually like that vulnerability because it come from taking risks. However, Hayne is a fantastic talen. A freak. To be so big yet still so light on his feet and fast is amazing. 2009 was a frightening period and what Hayne accomplished in that season set the game alight. Horses for courses I think NZ struggle more v a Hayne and England v a Slater.

I think Boyd is a good player but not in the same class as Billy or Benji.