New Zealand 16 - Australia 12

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
NathanCroucher

New Zealand 16 - Australia 12

Post by NathanCroucher »

What a fantastic game it was.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
cpwigan

Re: New Zealand 16 - Australia 12

Post by cpwigan »

Not watched the game yet. How did Lockyer play Nathan?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

cpwigan wrote:Not watched the game yet. How did Lockyer play Nathan?
He did a few nice things early on but he is really slowing up now and his defence is very weak. He hardly ever took the line on and i noticed a couple of times there were gaps in the Kiwis defence but he passed instead.

I'd like to hear how people rated this Aussie team against teams of years gone by.

yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

it's not the best australian team ever, they were missing about 6 centres and thurston of course. but, whoever pulls on the green gold, they'll always be very difficult to beat as they are all as fit as they possibly can be, know their jobs and are schooled on in the toughest league arenas. any test victory over australia ia a great moment no matter who's in their line up.

lockyer didn't feature all that much but i never felt the aus forwards had the upper hand at any point. it was very physical and a little messy around the ruck which slowed it down and made it hard for the halves. even marshall struggle to get into the game for the most part, a clean break in t second half and of course the great play at the end, but overall it was an attritional game, not one for the half backs.

have read someone on bbc forums saying england would have had a great chance against those sides tonight, but the game was played with a physicality and intensity that we just can't go with now. great game and congrats to the kiwis! and tommy!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

KIWI KIWI KIWI Fantastic effort from the boys in beating the Aussies Way to go New Zealand

Typical of the Aussies to show what sore losers they are, Channel 9 went off the air at the trophy presentation :angry:

Is it any wonder most neutrals will support the Kiwis :)

Well Done New Zealand :eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Just watched the game.And boy oh boy what a game it was.Fantastic!And bordering on the brutal at times.The Kiwis must be applauded for the never give up mentality they show.I know it's the desire to get one over the Aussies but it's the never die attitude that must be admired.Something the English lads could learn from.The two Muppets from Sky really do piss me right off with this culture of blame.Slater did indeed make some mistakes,some really bad ones at times.But one man does not make a team.I still reckon he's a class act no matter today's result.And a big round of applause for that little guy from Wigan.Tommy Lu or what's is name.It's becoming a regular thing this is Tommy.World Champion medal,Super League leaders medal,Grand Final winners medal,and now a little matter of a winners medal at The Four Nations.Becoming a little greedy are we not.Well done you Kiwi's and bloody well done that little guy playing for Wigan. :D
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

There were so many forward passes i thought i was watching union.The ref was rank!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought the two muppets were so biased towards Australia, when it was 12 - 10 at about 70 mins Eddie said it looks like another series win for Australia - then he sort of remembered to take off his green & gold glasses & added - up to now that is! (or words to that effect lol)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Belting game, but it just highlighted that England are a distant 3rd in the rankings, especially regarding strength in depth. Both sides had just as many injuries in their squads as we did, but could still bring in class players as replacements, unlike us.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

josie andrews wrote:KIWI KIWI KIWI Fantastic effort from the boys in beating the Aussies Way to go New Zealand

Typical of the Aussies to show what sore losers they are, Channel 9 went off the air at the trophy presentation :angry:

Is it any wonder most neutrals will support the Kiwis :)

Well Done New Zealand :eusa2: :eusa2:
This is the standard level of crap from Channel 9
The Game was shown around most of the country on delay
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields