If Melbourne storm had been allowed points...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

If Melbourne storm had been allowed points...

Post by exile in Tiger country »

A question for our antipodean following statisticians.
If Melbourne Storm had not had the "win no points" punishment, where would they have finished in the NRL table last season?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
bourbon_rat

Re: If Melbourne storm had been allowed points...

Post by bourbon_rat »

4th
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IMO there were games they lost too that had they had something to play for would have been very different. So 4th could have been higher.

It will be tougher for the Storm but they still have some world class players and the Storm culture. They will be fine.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

If MY team had been allowed to play for points they would have given the premiership another shake. They raised over $150,000 for their" Points for Purpose Program" this season. I am VERY PROUD of my team for not giving up this season instead they played for their fans and their Points program.I am coming over to the UK next year and I would really love to come and see FINCH,LIMA & HOFFMAN play.Does anyone know the fixture for next season(for May)and what it would cost me to come to the game. Is it best to book or can you buy tickets at the gate.?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Stormfan wrote:If MY team had been allowed to play for points they would have given the premiership another shake. They raised over $150,000 for their" Points for Purpose Program" this season. I am VERY PROUD of my team for not giving up this season instead they played for their fans and their Points program.I am coming over to the UK next year and I would really love to come and see FINCH,LIMA & HOFFMAN play.Does anyone know the fixture for next season(for May)and what it would cost me to come to the game. Is it best to book or can you buy tickets at the gate.?
Hi Stormfan.
The fixtures are out on Monday.
As to wheter you need a ticket, that depends on who we are playing.
Current costs are between 16 and 20 pounds West stand is allegedly a bit posher, and contains the corporate boxes etc. East stand tickets are reserved, so you sit where you get placed.
South stand, behind the sticks is cheapest and is unreserved seating.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Thanks tiger.I think I have to change from Huddersfield to Wigan(at least while Storm Boys are playing for you). I am looking forward to see the support the poms gives their teams.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Stormfan wrote:Thanks tiger.I think I have to change from Huddersfield to Wigan(at least while Storm Boys are playing for you). I am looking forward to see the support the poms gives their teams.
If you thought Storm fans were parochial & passionate you're in for a treat at the DW
:cool:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Storm fans have really stepped up their support for our team especially this season.I know that I am LOUDER and PROUDER of my team this season.I think my club will come out of this tougher and stronger. We have all stayed very loyal to our team.I can`t wait to renew my membership for next season.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

similar to what happened at wigan a few years ago. the best year i can remember for crowd numbers and support and noise at matches was when we were nearly relegated in 2006.